MLB: Misc. General Thread Baseball Season 2017

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The Yankees may be injuried but they found a way to win. Just gotta make it thru April.

Boo hiss, Sanchez and Didi out for a month each.

Yay, Pineda takes a perfect game into the 7th.

And Montgomery is starting Wednesday....will have to tune in for that one, totally forgot today was an afternoon game.

Reactions: NetflixAndClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Rookie day in NY. Jordan Montgomery on the mound making his major league debut. Kyle Higashioka behind the plate who has 1 inning of major league experience. They did work as a battery in the minors so makes sense to go wit the two kids.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Oooh, that was close to being very bad. Line drive smoked (116 mph) just behind the head of Tampa Bay pitcher Jumbo Diaz. :eek: Yikes.

And now huge collisson at first base as idiot Rickie Weeks, blocks the base going for his own miscue and results in violent crash. Both players leaving the game. I beat Gardner has a concession. :mad: Just a ******* stupid stupid move by Weeks.

Last edited:
  • Agree

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Tampa bay gets
tenor.gif

By the Yankees

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Cardinals at Yankee Stadium this weekend. Teams haven't played in NY since 2003. Meh, only 14 years. I am more likely to have bad flashbacks to the Bob Gibson and the 1964 World Series game seven. At least Mantle homered for boy fan Boxster who ran home from school to catch the last few innings on TV. :rolleyes:

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
My Twins salvaged the finale in Detroit yesterday and are still in first place in the Central. I'd better enjoy this while it lasts.....the big surprise is the pitching, who'da thought????

• Winner
Reactions: riceville98

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Cardinals at Yankee Stadium this weekend. Teams haven't played in NY since 2003. Meh, only 14 years. I am more likely to have bad flashbacks to the Bob Gibson and the 1964 World Series game seven. At least Mantle homered for boy fan Boxster who ran home from school to catch the last few innings on TV. :rolleyes:

7th inning and guess what game they bring up to talk about. Yup, Bob Gibson on two days rest in the seventh game of the '64 World Series. :eek:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Carlos Martinez line through two innings versus Yankees. :eek:

martinez line.JPG

Twelve batters and no one has put a ball in play yet and it's only through the 2nd inning.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Carlos Martinez line through two innings versus Yankees. :eek:

View attachment 47429

Twelve batters and no one has put a ball in play yet and it's only through the 2nd inning.
It was nice sweeping the cards. Those are series that Yankees should win/sweep every year but haven't in the past. Hopefully this streak continues vs the chi sox. Helps that Headley is the AL leader for WAR too. He also has a .410 average with a .531 OBP.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Castro* and Judge go back-to-back for the Yankees. Castro's was a big hit into the bullpen but Judge's (448') was way back into the left field bleachers. Woof!

* ex-Cub callout since we are on the #GoCubsGo official fan site, CF. :rolleyes:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Aaron Judge is on pace for 54 homeruns this season. Can you imagine?

I'd be thrilled with 25-30. I was super unimpressed last fall. Looks like a different guy this spring. Also covers more ground in right then I thought he would be able to. Moves pretty good for such a huge dude.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Rockies 11-6 and pounding the Giants tonight 12-3. Amazing the production from Mark Reynolds who we resigned to a minor league contract after ian Desmond got hurt in spring training. His base salary is just 1.5 mil with a chance to earn 2 mil based on reaching certain incentives.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Giants continue to fall apart so far this spring. For those who weren't aware - Madison Bumgarner is out for up to 2 months with various injuries he suffered during a dirt bike accident on an off-day this week in Colorado. The Giants had been 0-4 in his four starts, but more due to a lack of run production than bad pitching. Other various injuries have started piling up already as well: Jared Parker is out with a broken clavicle. Span is out with a sprained shoulder. Pence missed a game (so far) with a minor injury. Posey is back after a 7 day DL stay for a concussion. Even manager Bruce Bochy got in on the action when he had "minor" heart surgery this past week.

SF starters are a combined 5-10 so far. Not sure who the 5th starter will be now that MadBum is out for a third of the season. Cueto will most likely get that top spot. I would not have guessed that Matt Cain would be a bright spot on the mound this year after struggling for several seasons. Matty Moore has been all over the place (literally in regards to the strike zone) and the Shark has been rendered toothless.

At least Oakland has been fun to watch again.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron