RECRUITING: Shakur Juiston commits to UNLV (Part Two)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cy47

Mar 29, 2014
Yeah, nobody really lauds Lard for being skilled as much as he is fast and relentless.

I think fast and relentless, along with long and athletic, are the exact " talents" or "skills" that we need next year. I'm as butt hurt as any cyclone fan about not getting Juiston, but I'm hoping Cam steps up after a partial year in the system and shows us some of the things we were hoping to get from Juiston.

Reactions: Doc

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
This makes zero sense. Of course he doesn't want to be here. If he chose Iowa St today, you're opinion would be 180. He's the same player if he's here, or if he isn't.
No he is NOT the same player by the choice he made.......and a poor choice IMO.
His not being the same player in YOUR MIND because he didn't pick ISU doesn't mean he's not actually a good player now. In reality, he's got the same talent today after his decision as he did yesterday...maybe you can question his decision making...but not his talent.

cat named georges

Apr 16, 2017
So I know a lot of you are thinking UNLV got Juiston and other great players because of money, drugs, and ladies, but I'm thinking maybe they use a pocket watch dangling in front of the guys and maybe a finger snap. Hypnotists are plentiful in Vegas. Is that specifically against the rules?

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I prefer Shakira to Shakur anyway.
061914-salon-inspiration-long-5-567_1.jpg

CycloneBBFan

Dec 21, 2015
Lol. How is he not the same player? Is he all of the sudden not good now?

Since you are either too wasted or lack the talent to read between the lines let me spell it out for you. I wish Juiston well. It's common sense for a coach and fans to recruit a player that will be 100% committed to your program and wants to here. If he isn't then I don't want him no matter how talented he may be. Uncommitted players become a drag on the rest of the team. No I don't think Jusiton is the player everyone thought he presented himself to be. I'm not convinced he's confident enough to maintain the same production numbers going from Juco to Big 12. I don't want to hear you want to win and then choose UNLV irregardless if he picked ISU or another winning team. UNLV has such a poor track record. All the teams on Juiston's radar majically stepped back from him in the last two weeks for a reason.

cayin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I think there's maybe some reason to question UNLV, even though there are plenty of reasons a kid would love to spend a couple years in Vegas. I think the embarrassing thing is that we often pull out the "he got paid" card.

"How could Kam White not want to play in his home state instead of a program up north that's won 11 games in 4 years? Obviously Ole Mi$$ paid him." Diallo to Kan$a$. Chandler to the $EC. It goes on and on.

There are a lot of reasons Ames is a tough place to recruit to. It's not always $.

ah, for the record, Ole Miss has paid players, that is documented.

ISUMojoMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 2, 2010
Seems like lately when we loose a recruit like this it turns out to be a blessing in disguise. Either the player rides the pine or his team sucks or both. I'm guessing Juiston scrimmaged our guys, realized he didn't want to work hard enough to compete in the Big 12 and went to UNLV cause they have a great Hotel management degree. He missed a great opportunity but not every kids up to the challenge. Good luck to him, looking forward to learning about the next man up.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
Since you are either too wasted or lack the talent to read between the lines let me spell it out for you. I wish Juiston well. It's common sense for a coach and fans to recruit a player that will be 100% committed to your program and wants to here. If he isn't then I don't want him no matter how talented he may be. Uncommitted players become a drag on the rest of the team. No I don't think Jusiton is the player everyone thought he presented himself to be. I'm not convinced he's confident enough to maintain the same production numbers going from Juco to Big 12. I don't want to hear you want to win and then choose UNLV irregardless if he picked ISU or another winning team. UNLV has such a poor track record. All the teams on Juiston's radar majically stepped back from him in the last two weeks for a reason.
C'mon man. A player that isn't 100% committed to your program, would never be at your program.

And how did Juiston present himself to you exactly?

And I don't think Juiston himself every said anything about wanting to be on a winning team. Those were comments by CW, that he had heard through someone else, from Juiston's coach.

Bottom line, if Juiston had committed to Iowa St today, you would have a different opinion. He didn't, but that doesn't change his talent level at all.

• Agree
Reactions: SpokaneCY

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

The thing that hurts is that, right or wrong, we really believed in Juiston before many others got involved. We're the nice guy.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Also, I have no idea how a kid from Newark thinks. I wish Shakur the best.

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
I am ok with Juiston going elsewhere. The longer this drug on the more I wondered if he might be an odd duck. For the #1 rated Juco, he just didn't seem to have much of a plan for what he wanted to do at the next level.

The main reason I am ok with him going elsewhere is that it clears the way for Morrow. If we can sign him, I really like our team in 2018 and 2019. If we can still get two one year guys to help this years team and still get the young guys lots of experience, I think we could be setting ourselves up for some really special teams in the near future. If Juiston came here, I worried that Morrow would not.

cyfan4St8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2008
Iowa
It sure would be interesting to know from these guys that have picked a lesser program like UNLV in the last decade then us, that they would rather go play in front of small crowds and lower level teams and still not have a good chance at making the tourney.

• Agree
Reactions: NATEizKING
Status
Not open for further replies.