Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I usually go to Fridays of the Drake relays with my brother. I totally wimped out today. It is raining and 39 degrees here right now. Plus no umbrellas. He's nine years older than me and keeps using that to give me grief.
Tell him you're made of sugar and will dissolve in the rain before you freeze in the cold.
:)
He might even believe it.
:p

o_O
Nah. Probably not.
;)

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Thought this day was off to an unbelievable start. making coffee in kitchen before waking up the kids. Kitchen is right next to our bedroom so I can get up and get the old Keurig warmed up. I look over and the wife wonders out Stark naked, smiles at me, then grabs her phone and takes off so she can listen to music while showering.

Went from great potential to a big tease. Need to buy her a robe apparently.

• Funny
Reactions: wxman1

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Tell him you're made of sugar and will dissolve in the rain before you freeze in the cold.
:)
He might even believe it.
:p

o_O
Nah. Probably not.
;)

One of his geezer friends always comes down from the Twin Cities. I think their favorite part of the Relays is going to Peggy's. I told them I would be in if we skipped the track part this year. My brother ran in the Relays back in the day. He still holds our school record for the 400 meters after they converted his 440 yard time from 1970.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Sounds like time for a weekend vacation somewhere warm or where the heat works.

Thought we were doing that when we drove the kids to Phoenix for spring break. It turned out that we got snowed on way more on the trip than our neighbors who stayed in Minnesota. We drove through 11 states and got snowed on in 5 of them (including all of the southernmost states we visited). We got rained on in 5 others. The state where we didn't get any precipitation? Right here in MN.

• Funny
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Sweatshirts & space heaters for those tweener days. :)

David_Apolskis.png

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I wanted to smoke some pork shoulder or something this weekend. That's not going to happen with this nasty weekend forecast.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
One of his geezer friends always comes down from the Twin Cities. I think their favorite part of the Relays is going to Peggy's. I told them I would be in if we skipped the track part this year. My brother ran in the Relays back in the day. He still holds our school record for the 400 meters after they converted his 440 yard time from 1970.

For record, I don't even know C4M's brother.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
This weather is miserable. I can't imagine being at the Relays today. Feels like temp is 36 and the rain is steady. Oldest was supposed to play softball in DSM this weekend but they cancelled the tourney. Praise Jesus!

Of course I pick today to run multiple errands. The 4yr old claimed the umbrella, thankfully I had a hood. I came home and put fleece pants on, so cold!

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
For record, I don't even know C4M's brother.

Brother and friend are both 65. Guessing that is older than you too. The friend got divorced about five years ago and tries to hit on 20 somethings at Peggy's when he has had about one beer.o_O At least he and brother look about 50 so it is slightly less embarrassing than if he looked 65.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Dh was off today so I was grumbling as I was leaving that he was a "***** butt" who gets to sleep in and turned my back to get ready for a bit.

Dh is all "you're not looking at my ***** butt" turn around and he's wiggling his butt under the covers. Wasn't sure whether to smack him with a book or give the dork a kiss.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I like Cleveland. Impressive they got their river to burn. Partly inspired Clean Water Act. Probably take another flaming body of water to get the government to actually do anything though.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Wife went to the grocery store, told me to put the pans in the oven in a little bit when it warms up. I walked by and the ovens not turned on. This after I just walked in from mowing ours and moms yard and she asks me if it was cold while I was mowing. Senility must be hitting her.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Wife went to the grocery store, told me to put the pans in the oven in a little bit when it warms up. I walked by and the ovens not turned on. This after I just walked in from mowing ours and moms yard and she asks me if it was cold while I was mowing. Senility must be hitting her.

No rain yet? Lucky guy. Rain started here about 11:30, looked at noaa looks like it's going to be rain all weekend at work.o_O. Hope Sara is enjoying the Relayso_O.

• Funny
Reactions: SaraV

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
No rain yet? Lucky guy. Rain started here about 11:30, looked at noaa looks like it's going to be rain all weekend at work.o_O. Hope Sara is enjoying the Relayso_O.

None, could have had our track meets. A lot of cramps and pulled hammie's, but would have gotten them in.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Rainy and cold, nothing like a pan of fresh baked brownies coming out of the oven to take the chill off.

Reactions: Cybirdy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron