Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
ScentedPerfectIndianelephant-max-1mb.gif

Might want to turn down the temperature. Family site, dude.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
oh good, @cyrocksmypants is here, was going to snapchat you.

Guess I can make it official now - got my promotion finally :D Different position than I had mentioned way back when, but reporting to the same person (basically my mentor) and it's the same level of upward movement. Probably better in that it has lots of flexibility to incorporate my current role (hint, bring the things I like, ditch the things I don't) and like wxman, I'm now a manager person. My new manager is probably (ok definitely) more excited than I am. I mean, I'm excited but it's also like whoa, lots of **** to learn and I don't like that feeling. But I do think it's a good fit and I will eventually feel like I have my footing.

I'm glad it's out though because I've been training to cover friend coworker's upcoming baby leave, and at the beginning I planned to pretty much do it all (two more are helping). In the last two weeks I've been like oh boy, I gotta get the hint in to stop counting on me and get the others to pick it up. So I kinda let that drop earlier last week when I found out office mate was leaving and there was a chance I'd be saddled with their work. Friend coworker got the news today and next time she saw me, she's like "You! I knew something was going on! I told (my new manager) CG was trying to prep me for this!" Ha, I'm glad she was getting the hint then. I'll probably still help her as I can cause I like her and want to help. She's excited for me :) I'm excited for her cause I think she'll be getting some fun new stuff when she comes back this winter. She has been in much of the same boat as I with wanting to expand beyond our current roles.

Was leaving home this morning and told DH we had the phone calls telling my new minions today and he's like "good luck, don't be weird".

Like, who do you think you are DH, I am not weird.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
oh good, @cyrocksmypants is here, was going to snapchat you.

Guess I can make it official now - got my promotion finally :D Different position than I had mentioned way back when, but reporting to the same person (basically my mentor) and it's the same level of upward movement. Probably better in that it has lots of flexibility to incorporate my current role (hint, bring the things I like, ditch the things I don't) and like wxman, I'm now a manager person. My new manager is probably (ok definitely) more excited than I am. I mean, I'm excited but it's also like whoa, lots of **** to learn and I don't like that feeling. But I do think it's a good fit and I will eventually feel like I have my footing.

I'm glad it's out though because I've been training to cover friend coworker's upcoming baby leave, and at the beginning I planned to pretty much do it all (two more are helping). In the last two weeks I've been like oh boy, I gotta get the hint in to stop counting on me and get the others to pick it up. So I kinda let that drop earlier last week when I found out office mate was leaving and there was a chance I'd be saddled with their work. Friend coworker got the news today and next time she saw me, she's like "You! I knew something was going on! I told (my new manager) CG was trying to prep me for this!" Ha, I'm glad she was getting the hint then. I'll probably still help her as I can cause I like her and want to help. She's excited for me :) I'm excited for her cause I think she'll be getting some fun new stuff when she comes back this winter. She has been in much of the same boat as I with wanting to expand beyond our current roles.

Was leaving home this morning and told DH we had the phone calls telling my new minions today and he's like "good luck, don't be weird".

Like, who do you think you are DH, I am not weird.

When are we celebrating with drinks?!

• Friendly
Reactions: cowgirl836

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Blew his load on the first night. Rookie.

Well, he is wise to lie low at night since that is when the mosquitoes carrying the botfly eggs are most active.

Although if all goes to plan I may get to do a viral video when we take out the larvae after he returns to Minnesota, say mid September. It's gonna be so gross!

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: GTO

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Felt good enough to bike so did an easy 16 miles around the lakes. Mostly uneventful except for:

Mile 9 - Came within inches of hitting a chipmunk that dashed under my bike. Thought he was going to run right into the spokes. Might have been Chip, could have been Dale. Can't say for sure.

Mile 10 - Gal in panties and bra jumping off the parkway bridge into Lake of the Isles. Rest of her clothes were on the sidewalk. Not a suicide since she was already wet. :rolleyes: Kids be jumping there all the time in spite of Park Board cops trying to police it some. As long as you jump and don't dive it's not that dangerous and it amuses me to see they defying "the man".

Status
Not open for further replies.