Random Thoughts X (The 9th Regeneration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Where was this ranch again? West Virginia?
When you didn't have cable or video games or even indoor plumbing until the mid sixties you find your entertainment in strange ways.

One cousin left for a while, lived like a hippie in Montana for a while, moved back to the Hill Country and built a geodesic home back in the 70s and didn't fully plumb it until the 90s. Before that they had a well with a line to the kitchen, and used an old fashioned pump to bring the water in. They raised four kids in that dome, and still live there today. He's an odd duck with simple needs...loves to sail, started an internet parts business for builders of wooden sailboats (and has built several himself).

Don't underestimate those crazy ranch kids. :)

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
When you didn't have cable or video games or even indoor plumbing until the mid sixties you find your entertainment in strange ways.

One cousin left for a while, lived like a hippie in Montana for a while, moved back to the Hill Country and built a geodesic home back in the 70s and didn't fully plumb it until the 90s. Before that they had a well with a line to the kitchen, and used an old fashioned pump to bring the water in. They raised four kids in that dome, and still live there today. He's an odd duck with simple needs...loves to sail, started an internet parts business for builders of wooden sailboats (and has built several himself).

Don't underestimate those crazy ranch kids. :)

Was Montana a hippy hang out, I always pictured Cali as the hippie destination.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
What's serious studying?? ;) Heard some people get busy in the tiers. I never could study, or do anything else, at the library.

Well unluckily for me, it meant books and notes studying:(. Never interrupted or saw anybody in my time haunting the tiers.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
oh good, @cyrocksmypants is here, was going to snapchat you.

Guess I can make it official now - got my promotion finally :D Different position than I had mentioned way back when, but reporting to the same person (basically my mentor) and it's the same level of upward movement. Probably better in that it has lots of flexibility to incorporate my current role (hint, bring the things I like, ditch the things I don't) and like wxman, I'm now a manager person. My new manager is probably (ok definitely) more excited than I am. I mean, I'm excited but it's also like whoa, lots of **** to learn and I don't like that feeling. But I do think it's a good fit and I will eventually feel like I have my footing.

I'm glad it's out though because I've been training to cover friend coworker's upcoming baby leave, and at the beginning I planned to pretty much do it all (two more are helping). In the last two weeks I've been like oh boy, I gotta get the hint in to stop counting on me and get the others to pick it up. So I kinda let that drop earlier last week when I found out office mate was leaving and there was a chance I'd be saddled with their work. Friend coworker got the news today and next time she saw me, she's like "You! I knew something was going on! I told (my new manager) CG was trying to prep me for this!" Ha, I'm glad she was getting the hint then. I'll probably still help her as I can cause I like her and want to help. She's excited for me :) I'm excited for her cause I think she'll be getting some fun new stuff when she comes back this winter. She has been in much of the same boat as I with wanting to expand beyond our current roles.

Was leaving home this morning and told DH we had the phone calls telling my new minions today and he's like "good luck, don't be weird".

Like, who do you think you are DH, I am not weird.
Congrats. That's awesome.

Also, stay weird. Weird people are the best.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
All of my beach pics are too large to upload.

Just changing and getting ready to get dinner, so checking in to support CG while I had wifi!
This is what is commonly referred to as embellishment

I mean, I've had drinks with GTO and with Boxster and haven't murdered them so far.
This may not be true. We all know Boxster's ded.

• Funny
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I generally used the library for naps between classes.

Did that also. Totally off topic but also "rehydrated" at the M-Shop, after doing the blood drive in the Memorial Union. Blood drawers would just shake their head. Cheap buzz though.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Did that also. Totally off topic but also "rehydrated" at the M-Shop, after doing the blood drive in the Memorial Union. Blood drawers would just shake their head. Cheap buzz though.
I did the same. I figured that I deserved it for the good deed. Glad I wasn't the only one.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
????? Is that a new thing for management positions? You got a buyout?

Looks like my employer is getting bought out. Probably won't change much other than the fact we are owned by someone again but it was just kind of a hometown pride thing. Yeah we have an awesome history, make a bunch of cool ****, are Fortune 500 and yeah our HQ is right here in CR.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Looks like my employer is getting bought out. Probably won't change much other than the fact we are owned by someone again but it was just kind of a hometown pride thing. Yeah we have an awesome history, make a bunch of cool ****, are Fortune 500 and yeah our HQ is right here in CR.

At least you got your promo before this. May have caused uphevel and messed things up for that otherwise.

As I type this, the TV is on Scooby doo from the youngest this morning. I just noticed that all the women, even Velma, are fairly well endowed. Are there a lot of adults that watch cartoons or something. Are Velma and Daphne both redheads, I never noticed. Maybe my TV is off.

• Funny
Reactions: wxman1

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
At least you got your promo before this. May have caused uphevel and messed things up for that otherwise.

I have a pilot buddy that is in corporate communication and has only been here a year. He will land on his feet but I imagine that would be one of the first areas to get cut.

• Friendly
Reactions: BCClone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron