2018 Stock Prediction

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Nvidia turned out to be a great Bitcoin buy without buying any Bitcoins. Of course the returns are thousands of percent lower as well.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Going to keep an eye on this thread more as it all intrigues me. I know close to nothing but it interests me.

D

Deleted member 8507

This is one reason I like doing this. I had never heard of this fund.
Read "The Truth about Your Future, The Money Guide you need now, later and much later" by Ric Edelman. That is a pretty good read and where I heard about this fund.

• Informative
Reactions: Eriksp and LindenCy

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
So what would Amazon buying target do to targets stock? Target go up or down?

Last edited:

Eriksp

Oct 1, 2014
I bought some Nvidia a few years ago when it was around $14/share. It didn't move much and I needed some cash so I sold it at around $15. Ugh

Ouch, that's rough! I've never bought any stock outside of just investing in my companies 401K but I find it interesting and would like to change that. Any good reads on learning the basics? I found the Nvidia stock just by scouring the internet quick on what might have a big year this year.

• Agree
Reactions: dmclone and wxman1

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
So what would Amazon buying target do to targets stock? Target go up or down?
In my kind of uneducated opinion I would think Target share price would rise. "In general", with a take over there is usually a premium paid on the takeover targets stock at least on the day of the announcement.

You could buy Target now around $68/share and the deal gets announced in August when Target is at $45/share. Amazon announces the deal and would make Target stock worth $55/share. So depending on timing you could be down...or up. :)

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
In my kind of uneducated opinion I would think Target share price would rise. "In general", with a take over there is usually a premium paid on the takeover targets stock at least on the day of the announcement.

You could buy Target now around $68/share and the deal gets announced in August when Target is at $45/share. Amazon announces the deal and would make Target stock worth $55/share. So depending on timing you could be down...or up. :)

or don't try and time the market and stick to buying long-term blue chip stocks that pay a normal dividend.

• Agree
Reactions: SCNCY

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
Curious about your rationale on these. Always interested in low stocks that could jump.

Both are energy companies, HUSA is oil and FCEL is Fuel Cells - I think Hydrogen powered.
HUSA has partial ownership in 2 oil wells currently that started production within the last quarter and will have the revenue from those being reported for the first time this upcoming quarterly report. They a have plans to have up to 60 wells operating in the next 2-3 years.

FCEL has landed some solid deals to provide their Fuel Cells as the energy source for a range of uses. One being municipal power plants - deals with Long Island Power Authority and a city in California. The other main one being a deal with Toyota for a renewable transportation energy project.

• Informative
Reactions: LindenCy

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Both are energy companies, HUSA is oil and FCEL is Fuel Cells - I think Hydrogen powered.
HUSA has partial ownership in 2 oil wells currently that started production within the last quarter and will have the revenue from those being reported for the first time this upcoming quarterly report. They a have plans to have up to 60 wells operating in the next 2-3 years.

FCEL has landed some solid deals to provide their Fuel Cells as the energy source for a range of uses. One being municipal power plants - deals with Long Island Power Authority and a city in California. The other main one being a deal with Toyota for a renewable transportation energy project.

Thanks mdk! I took a look at these and especially HUSA interests me. Might dive in. The info on FCEL is helpful also as there didn't seem to be impetus right now.

I think oil will have a good year, and that's where my attention has been directed recently.

Reactions: mdk2isu

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
Ouch, that's rough! I've never bought any stock outside of just investing in my companies 401K but I find it interesting and would like to change that. Any good reads on learning the basics? I found the Nvidia stock just by scouring the internet quick on what might have a big year this year.
I do it more as a hobby. I don't put enough in to make me rich but I also won't go broke if my picks are a complete failure. For long-term, like you, I just invest in 401k and IRA.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006

Probably not what your looking for but I've found this very useful

https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started