What are you most afraid of?

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Just been tooling around on YouTube watching shorts or homemade videos that are supposed to be creepy or scary and not much is doing it for me and I just started thinking “what AM I afraid of?” And I can’t come up with a real solid, definitive answer, so I was wondering what others thought.

Is it something supernatural, like ghosts or zombies?

Is it something religious like possession or demons?

Is it something real like spiders or clowns?

Is it the fear of a situation, like being stuck in a small space or heights?

Is it the fear of an event like a death or an injury?

WHY is it a fear?

Just a curiosity for what does it for you.

Reactions: Angie

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Basically something horrible happening to me or a loved one that I can't prevent/control. Like some awful disease ect.

Also snakes.....screw snakes.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

cowboycurtis

Jul 20, 2006
I turned 40 a couple years ago. I never thought I would be 40. Now I’m scared of getting old.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Buried or stuck alive. Or stuck in something, like crawling through a small cave. Siblings made a tunnel through hay bales only one layer deep and I definitely had a panic attack part way through. They pulled off the top bales which was very kind when it comes to siblings.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I turned 40 a couple years ago. I never thought I would be 40. Now I’m scared of getting old.

I am more scared of not getting old.

Most terrified of something happening to my kids, even the adult ones away from home. Always watching for disasters where they are.

And bats, the flying rodentia kind.

• Friendly
Reactions: cyhiphopp

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Quicksand.
You're playing and you think everything is going fine. Then one thing goes wrong. And then another. And another. You try to fight back, but the harder you fight, the deeper you sink. Until you can't move... you can't breathe... because you're in over your head. Like quicksand.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Quicksand.
You're playing and you think everything is going fine. Then one thing goes wrong. And then another. And another. You try to fight back, but the harder you fight, the deeper you sink. Until you can't move... you can't breathe... because you're in over your head. Like quicksand.

That’s rough Shane

Last edited:

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Quicksand.
But glory lasts forever.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I’m not afraid of death so much, I’m afraid of no afterlife. We lost a child at birth, it’s been brutal on me, and I anticipate it will be every day for the rest of my life. The chance of meeting him again is my only concern now in regards to my own soul.

Hope I didn’t go too deep on you all.