Iowa -7 vs ISU

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Some of these polls have Alabama down to even 8th, several at 5th or so. The composite has OSU at number 3 when there were basically no people outside of the big ten that would have had them in the top four.

Is the Singer poll conducted at the sewing maching company? I love how there is Mark, just mark. How come my football poll isn't listed?
If ESPN can be included in the 247 Composite, Mark can be in this one!

Reactions: BCClone and CyTwins

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I don’t really care as I am not the one trying to sell the world on how iSu was better than Iowa last year.

Just trying to understand what you consider legit. If there was a composite of lets say 50+ polls (half of what you said), would you say that is accurate?

Derpycy

Jun 27, 2018
You say he poll is bad when ISU is listed above Iowa since Iowa won at ISU, last game of the year ISU beat Memphis at Memphis' stadium but your composite has memphis higher so it must mean that its off. Using your process

Except, in my process as you call it, Iowa beat iSu in isu’s stadium AND was ranked higher in a composite of polls and rankings.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Does ESPN claim on field results don’t count like you do?

I never said that. I don't think we were better than Oklahoma or TCU last year just because we beat them just like I don't believe Iowa was better than Ohio State or Iowa State last year just because they beat them too. The best team doesn't always win

Reactions: RezClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Except, in my process as you call it, Iowa beat iSu in isu’s stadium AND was ranked higher in a composite of polls and rankings.

But since ISU beat memphis at their house, last game of the season which would be more recent events, and the poll has them flipped, it can't be good, right?

EDIT: Once again, when is a grouping enough? Does it have to be 100, or can 50, or maybe 25 be enough. I know Iowa fans like odd numbers so maybe 38 or 57?

Derpycy

Jun 27, 2018
I never said that. I don't think we were better than Oklahoma or TCU last year just because we beat them just like I don't believe Iowa was better than Ohio State or Iowa State last year just because they beat them too. The best team doesn't always win

So Iowa was better on the field and in a composite of polls and rankings.

Now you can cherry pick why that doesn’t count.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So Iowa was better on the field and in a composite of polls and rankings.

Now you can cherry pick why that doesn’t count.

I don't respect a poll that uses J-Train, Mark and other random's opinions. I trust national AP voters. I'd agree with you but there's no point of us both being wrong

Derpycy

Jun 27, 2018
But since ISU beat memphis at their house, last game of the season which would be more recent events, and the poll has them flipped, it can't be good, right?

EDIT: Once again, when is a grouping enough? Does it have to be 100, or can 50, or maybe 25 be enough. I know Iowa fans like odd numbers so maybe 38 or 57?

So clone fans won’t accept on field results or a composite of polls and rankings. Glad we cleared that up.

Now say that out loud and see if it still makes sense.

Derpycy

Jun 27, 2018
I don't respect a poll that uses J-Train, Mark and other random's opinions. I trust national AP voters. I'd agree with you but there's no point of us both being wrong

Clearly you won’t accept on-field results and a composite of polls and ranking models. I am wondering how many different ways you can post it.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
So clone fans won’t accept on field results or a composite of polls and rankings. Glad we cleared that up.

Now say that out loud and see if it still makes sense.

So you are saying Memphis is better than ISU even though we beat them. You are trying to have it both way. You change whether the poll matters or the game matters to fit your preference.

Once again, how big of a composite do we need? I need to know for the end of this year so you don't keep jumping around.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
No but maybe someday iSu will be on equal footing as Iowa. You have a long ways to go but if you cherry pick enough things out you can probably get there by 6:00 tonight.
Honestly. No trolling. Do you seriously not think that these two football teams are at the very least, equal? I've heard Hawk Homers say they think ISU has equal to/more talent than Iowa this year.

• Agree
Reactions: RezClone