Iowa -7 vs ISU

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Clearly you won’t accept on-field results and a composite of polls and ranking models. I am wondering how many different ways you can post it.

I think I've made it clear I don't respect a composite model that includes random people's polls like Mark, John, Tim and J-Train

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
If someone started a troll-free-zone thread to discuss ISU @ Iowa this year like grown ups, count me in.

What do you think will be the most important head to head units in the game? I will say ISUs Dline versus the Iowa Oline. I think if ISU can get movement on Stanley with a 3 man front, it will be ISUs game. If Iowa can control ISU with either a 4 man front or eternal blitzes, it will lean to Iowa.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Good luck with that.

I've tried with civil discussion.
occasionally, I enjoy engaging in a troll with civil discussion. It usually goes for about 3 or so back and forths, with the troll talking in circles, then when they realize they don't have a come back they just don't respond for a little while until something else pops up that they can troll.

It's warrants a little more restraint, but the 10 minute pay off of quieting a troll is always fun :)

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
What do you think will be the most important head to head units in the game? I will say ISUs Dline versus the Iowa Oline. I think if ISU can get movement on Stanley with a 3 man front, it will be ISUs game. If Iowa can control ISU with either a 4 man front or eternal blitzes, it will lean to Iowa.

Agreed. You could also argue ISU's OL getting any movement on Iowa's DL too probably

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you

I'd agree with this, followed by Iowa's DBs on ISU's WRs and then ISU's OL vs Iowa's DL.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Yeah it would take a concerted effort to just ignore the offenders and carry on the discussion. Wouldn't be easy.
5cF.gif

Derpycy

Jun 27, 2018
Honestly. No trolling. Do you seriously not think that these two football teams are at the very least, equal? I've heard Hawk Homers say they think ISU has equal to/more talent than Iowa this year.

I think the teams are fairly close in talent. I think Iowa has the edge in certain areas and iSu has some in others. I think the game will come down to the trenches. I think the Iowa DL is better than the iSu OL. On the other side I don’t see the Iowa OL pushing around the iSu DL either so the game comes down to which OL plays better.

KKramer

Sep 25, 2017
Why has it become important for Iowa and Iowa State fans to proclaim that the other side wants the game more? Is this somehow a bad thing?
It's because the Iowa narrative when they lose this game is "it means more to Iowa State, we have bigger fish to fry". It's an ego-stroking cop out to explain a loss.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think ISU has got to show some OLine push in this game.

I would say more containment than push. We can drop DM out of the backfield and our offense is set to get 1 on 1s for our play makers. So we more need to contain the Iowa Dline than move them in my opinion.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Think you are right, in your ordering.

One that I think could be a sneaky important h2h is the ISU TE's vs Iowa LB's

Are the TEs going to be more involved in the passing game or are you talking about blocking on the edges and in space?

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I think the teams are fairly close in talent. I think Iowa has the edge in certain areas and iSu has some in others. I think the game will come down to the trenches. I think the Iowa DL is better than the iSu OL. On the other side I don’t see the Iowa OL pushing around the iSu DL either so the game comes down to which OL plays better.
No but maybe someday iSu will be on equal footing as Iowa. You have a long ways to go but if you cherry pick enough things out you can probably get there by 6:00 tonight.

Thank you for helping us hit it by just before 4:00! Didn't even need to do any of that classic iSu cherry pickin you love, you got us covered!

• Funny
Reactions: BCClone

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Are the TEs going to be more involved in the passing game or are you talking about blocking on the edges and in space?

I honestly think Allen is going to be looked at more this year. With Lazard being gone, CA is that big body to go up for stuff. I know Butler has added muscle but he is still a ways from Lazard in size.

Help Support Us

Become a patron