Scouting the Ohio State matchup

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I'm not too worried about that. I think we had the very good fortune of figuring out our issues, and while you'd like to figure those out early, we now have the benefit of recency.

When and if we lose in this tournament, I expect for it to be due to cold shooting or hot shooting of our opponent, not from lack of effort and intensity.

If it goes back to that, it would be disappointing but so be it. It's the one thing the players can control and if they approach this game being satisfied with this past weekend, that's on them.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
If it goes back to that, it would be disappointing but so be it. It's the one thing the players can control and if they approach this game being satisfied with this past weekend, that's on them.

You can’t know what is going to happen. But having 4 championships means we can make all sorts of uninformed guesses. But I will say that we should feel better about this team than we should have about the 15 team that was clearly fractured. In 15 there was some luck involved in winning those games. They fell behind. Shots fell to win the game for us—-Texas. Shots missed to lose the game for Oklahoma. Obviously they showed a lot of toughness to win. But that also meant they got comfortable with coming from behind.

This time we won all of the games because we were tough. If they are being logical they can’t look at the games as being won because of star power. They shouldn’t assume they’ll win just by showing up.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
You can’t know what is going to happen. But having 4 championships means we can make all sorts of uninformed guesses. But I will say that we should feel better about this team than we should have about the 15 team that was clearly fractured. In 15 there was some luck involved in winning those games. They fell behind. Shots fell to win the game for us—-Texas. Shots missed to lose the game for Oklahoma. Obviously they showed a lot of toughness to win. But that also meant they got comfortable with coming from behind.

This time we won all of the games because we were tough. If they are being logical they can’t look at the games as being won because of star power. They shouldn’t assume they’ll win just by showing up.

Yeah I'm just saying it's out of our control. The only thing I can look for and be happy about is if they're selling out and leaving it all out there. If that 'funk' comes back that would be unfortunate but you just never know.

The '15 team had some games where they just plain looked bad, and just when you started thinking maybe they figured it out, the weirdness reared its head again 4 days later. And if some shots fell that day vs. UAB it becomes moot but they just hated being legit challenged and you could tell how the day was going to go at about the 10 minute mark, oddly after they got out an unusual good start.

Otherwise basketball's too weird to be the 'make your shots!' person.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
That was the one where the Notre Dame coach said in the post-game interview "Those were MEN. They were men." His team was slow, lost, and helpless. The media didn't know what to do because the mighty Notre Dame was beat up, beat down, and humiliated.

And we missed a few dunks in that game if I remember right. Speaking of that game are there any highlights anywhere of it?

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
May of been posted already but you see the broadcast team for the game:

-Brad Nessler - Minnesota native
-Evan Washburn - Maryland native
-Steve Lavin - Former Purdue Coach
-Jim Jackson (Ohio State BBall Legend)

The B1G homer-age might be strong with this one, the mute button will be ready.
Lavin did not coach at Purdue.

• Agree
Reactions: bozclone

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Behind the scenes with the Buckeyes: From a tense Selection Sunday to preparation for Iowa State
https://theathletic.com/874011/2019...lection-sunday-to-preparation-for-iowa-state/

An interesting article on what OSU thinks of ISU.
They raved about Iowa State. Though I’m interested in them talking about trading scouting reports with teams like Arizona and Iowa since both teams faced an Iowa State that wasn’t at full strength. Also love the part when they told their teams they will be playing in a road game environment because ISU fans travel so well.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa