Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
By the time January 1st rolls around 4 of the "New Year's 6" bowl games will have already been played.
Kind of a misnomer if you ask me

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
It's worth watching, if only to stare at the gorgeous Donna Reed. But it's really a good story. Seems pretty corny nowadays, but at heart the movie means well.
It is a bit dated, but Jimmy Stewart's look of desperation is about as good as I have ever seen when he is having that drink at Martini's. He does a really good job of playing a man who is doing some really bad things in second half of the movie out of desperation without the viewer starting to dislike him.

This is Mrs. Velo's favorite Christmas movie hands down.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Not yet. As I reccall, there was discussion of a battle royale cage match...
giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: SCyclone

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Had a great few days betting last week tripling my money. Now I have regressed back to the mean. Still ahead but I have come down off of cloud nine. Anywho.

Replaced the kitchen faucet, painting and have a new kitchen light coming later in the week. Going to feel like a completely different place by next weekend!

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
It is a bit dated, but Jimmy Stewart's look of desperation is about as good as I have ever seen when he is having that drink at Martini's. He does a really good job of playing a man who is doing some really bad things in second half of the movie out of desperation without the viewer starting to dislike him.

This is Mrs. Velo's favorite Christmas movie hands down.

I was thinking the exact same thing as we watched it last week! Some of his acting is a little over the top, but that scene rings true as a man who is at his wit's end. He actually cried tears, and his ragged breathing could hardly be staged. This was method acting at its very zenith.

• Friendly
Reactions: VeloClone

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Delivered meals on wheels with the wife today. I drove and she ran the meals in. It was good for her to see what she did. Ambulance service always kept me VERY grounded.

Did that as a summer job in college. Always amazed me the wide variety of people and backgrounds you can meet in one day.

Reactions: BCClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I've always found the term "passed away" annoying. Maybe okay for some old guy dying in his sleep at 90 in a nursing home but otherwise seems like a lame euphemism. Today's example was the young football player killed in a train accident story. He got killed, tragically at that, but it was killed and not "passed away". Even if he'd quietly and unexpectedly "expired" in his sleep it would still be "died" and not passed away. It's a euphemism out of control.

BTW, if I drop dead of a heart attack while biking I'll come back and haunt the hell of anyone that says I "passed away". God forbid you add "died doing what he loved" because then I'll comeback and haunt not just you but your entire extended families. Don't say you weren't warned. :rolleyes:

Reactions: CloneLawman
Status
Not open for further replies.