2 ISU FB players have Coronavirus

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
There could come a point where some players refuse to play.

It's not like you just get it, get over it, and then move on. Some studies are indicating it can cause permanent lung damage if exposed to this thing.

But who believes science these days, am I right? Better to be an anti-vaxxer, drink bleach, go party with your friends and act like nothing is going on. That's the American way!

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
If the whole team gets it now then we will be ready to go by the season, just keep the young players separated from those at risk.

So who cares about all the football players that get it and risk permanent lung damage from it, right? As long as we all get to have fun watching them play this fall!!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Because who cares about all the other people in Ames that are now at risk as long as the football team is ok, right?

Yeah but think of all that's being sacrificed so we can watch college kids run around in plastic trying to get an air-filled sack of leather across a line for 6 points.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
Funny how fast the Rag is to report on this. Coronavirus amongst ISU players will probably get more coverage and negativity than racism at Iowa.

erinmd32

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2015
Because who cares about all the other people in Ames that are now at risk as long as the football team is ok, right?

Right? How long before their bodies are able to handle football again. I get a very yucky feeling with the sentiment that "we deserve football this year" when it's in the hands of young kids who aren't getting paid.

Yes a lot handle it well but that doesn't mean they are ready to play sports right away also.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Interesting how the official from city or health department focus on athletic department angle.

Since May 31 weren't there also a number of nights during the last 10 days where a couple hundred people were protesting. Many same age group as student athletes.

cyclone87

Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
I don’t think it was fair speculation on Paschen’s part just because many who tested positive are in the 20-25 yr old range. In that time frame we also had bars open back up and several in campustown have been pretty packed. I don’t think it’s fair to say it is student athletes.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I don’t think it was fair speculation on Paschen’s part just because many who tested positive are in the 20-25 yr old range. In that time frame we also had bars open back up and several in campustown have been pretty packed. I don’t think it’s fair to say it is student athletes.

I don't think Paschen is a guy to just spitball things out there. He's gonna speak, even tentatively, with a real reason to believe that.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
There could come a point where some players refuse to play.

It's not like you just get it, get over it, and then move on. Some studies are indicating it can cause permanent lung damage if exposed to this thing.

But who believes science these days, am I right? Better to be an anti-vaxxer, drink bleach, go party with your friends and act like nothing is going on. That's the American way!
Well for the extreme majority of healthy, college aged athletes, that is exactly what happens. And in a lot of cases they are asymptomatic.

I have seen some of the studies where it can cause permanent lung damage, but do we know who’s at risk for that and what % of people it happens to? Not trying to argue, I really don’t know how likely it is for that to happen to a 18-22 year old.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Interesting how the official from city or health department focus on athletic department angle.

Since May 31 weren't there also a number of nights during the last 10 days where a couple hundred people were protesting. Many same age group as student athletes.

Well since football and fall sports are high in anticipation for seeing how this is going to work, that angle makes sense.

And possible proof that yup, college kids are going to take part in high risk behavior like they have...forever.

deadeyededric

Dec 12, 2009
Parts Unknown
It's gonna be an absolute disaster when everyone get's back on campus. I still have my doubts they'll even end up being a season once entire teams start getting infected.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Well for the extreme majority of healthy, college aged athletes, that is exactly what happens. And in a lot of cases they are asymptomatic.

I have seen some of the studies where it can cause permanent lung damage, but do we know who’s at risk for that and what % of people it happens to? Not trying to argue, I really don’t know how likely it is for that to happen to a 18-22 year old.

So yeah... the players should just assume it won't harm their lungs for life and risk it?

I'm not sure if they know yet all the damage it does, or to what aged people.... but you don't think some players might decide not to risk it this season?

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM

We don’t really know **** because it’s literally been 3 months since anyone in this country paid attention to it. That’s the dangerous part.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Funny how fast the Rag is to report on this. Coronavirus amongst ISU players will probably get more coverage and negativity than racism at Iowa.

Oh you can count on that. CMC and JP are totally irresponsible and that has put ISU football players' health at risk. I can hear it now.

LivntheCyLife

Nov 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO

But how many of them are getting tested? Paschen might have a pretty good idea which health teams are currently using tests.

Does anybody know how Iowa State is testing its athletes, McFarland clinic system, TestIowa, something else?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
It's not very hard to pick out which posters on here whose lives completely revolve around there being ISU football in the fall.

It's even more important than people's health..... or lives.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron