Oklahoma vs Florida twitter

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Why has it not been highlighted more Texas had five defensive starters out, their stud WR, LT and also lost one of the more storied QBs in their history to injury in the first half. I didn't see them use that as an excuse to bend over and take it all night long. Okie State was also down a few big time players as well.

Because it ruins the narrative.

Reactions: CycloneVet

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
In addition to having broadcast rights for nearly every bowl game, ESPN also owns and operates 16 bowl games. 9 of them are G5 vs G5, 2 are P5/P5, and the other 5 are a mix.
Las Vegas - Pac-12, B1G (odd years), SEC (even years)
Texas - Big 12, SEC
Fenway - ACC, American
Birmingham - SEC, American, CUSA
Gasparilla - SEC, American, CUSA
First Responder - Big 12 (odd years), American, CUSA, Sun Belt
Armed Forces - Big 12 (even years), American (even years), CUSA, MW
Bahamas - CUSA, MAC
Hawaii - American, MW, CUSA
Frisco - CUSA, MAC, Sun Belt
Myrtle Beach - American, CUSA, MAC, Sun Belt
Idaho Potato - MW, MAC
Boca Raton - American, CUSA, MAC, Sun Belt
New Mexico - MW, American, CUSA, MAC, Sun Belt
Camellia - CUSA, MAC, Sun Belt
Cure - American, CUSA, Sun Belt
Montgomery (2020 only; replacement for Fenway)

So, on one hand, ESPN is almost solely responsible for the "too many bowl games" argument, while at the same time providing the majority of the G5's bowl opportunities.
Does ABC have the same for any? Since ABC owns ESPN?

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Actually Walt Disney owns both.
This is close to the the correct answer.
I don’t think that’s right?

“The seeds of its eventual integration with ESPN occurred when ABC acquired a controlling interest in ESPN from Getty Oil in 1984.”

Though Disney owns it all.
If we’re talking corporate structure, Disney owns both ESPN and ABC in parallel. The former is no longer a majority-owned subsidiary of the latter, and in fact ESPN now controls what was once ABC Sports.

Which was the actual point of the original question. ABC TV essentially has no sports interest of it’s own, so it wouldn’t own any Bowls separately from ESPN.

And if we get down to nuts and bolts, ABC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Disney, but Disney only owns 80% of ESPN (Hearst owns the rest).

Sorry. Is the longer/I’m not in a rush answer better?;)

• Informative
Reactions: Die4Cy

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Hmmm....so do we get to say big deal to the hawkeyes since Wiggington, THT, and Haliburton "opted out" this year and we played our JV?

cyfan21

Aug 24, 2010
Davenport
Perhaps I had a few too many bourbons following our show last night. Regardless, t'was a hell of a night. I don't have anything personal against Matt. I just think he's all over the place with these opinions and needed to be put in his place.
Link?

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
zGHQb4O.gif