Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Just read an article about Kellen Winslow II. What he did was awful and wrong, not anything what I’m mentioning. What caught my attention was a charge of elderly abuse.......two women, one was 17 and other was 54. No other people mentioned. No way the 17 is considered elderly. Is 54 now elderly? To me that is still far from elder area. Man, I’m getting old if that is elderly.

do4CY

Aug 30, 2020
Anyone who would serve lutefisk to company (without first asking) IMO does not belong in polite company.

Or anyone's company, for that matter.

Lutefisk is generally considered a toxic substance among those who know.
One meal a yr each of us kids got to choose what the meal was it was our birthdays. Many times we chose Happy Joes Pizza.

For a short time happy Joe's served lutefisk pizza.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Holy Cow! Sig wins the internet tonight with a post with NO words pg 275 post 5483 in the BB season thread. It's worth finding.

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
In retrospect my mom's liver (what she cooked - not a Hannibal Lector thing!) was pretty bad. I do miss a good liver and onions though. An Executive Chef I used to work with liked it but he lived alone and it wasn't worth making for one, so he would make it at work once every couple of months or so and he shared it with me and another hepatophile. I miss a good liver and onions once in a while.

All I have to do is think about how the liver functions, and I realize that no one should have a desire to eat it. But you guys knock yourselves out!

• Agree
Reactions: BuffettClone

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Also "crick". "Pop".
In MY vernacular, there is a difference between crick and creek. A creek always has water in it, even if it's just a trickle. A crick goes dry in the summer heat.

I agree. Mrs. Velo and her coworkers make fun of her boss all the time because he calls a cart a buggy. He is from Loozeeana.
Yup. My mama was born in Nawlins, Loozeeana.

Funny to come in here & see these conversations - a friend shared this video on FB this morning, @Ms3r4ISU will probably love it as much as I did...and maybe a few of the rest of you as well. Unless, of course, you recognize yourselves in the song. ;)

Edit: you should still be able to view this. It will just take you to Wierd Al's FB page.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
And now, expanding on the food topic (tip of the cap to @BuffettClone), it just grinds at me the size of the portions at restaurants - particularly fast food places. You go to Wendy's and ask for medium, and they give you a cup of soda that has to be 24 ounces.

Some restaurants, the meal's caloric total is approaching the daily intake for a healthy person. WTF? And you talk about food getting thrown away, holy ****.

I also grew up in the "eat what's on your plate" era, and I can tell you I struggle at restaurants at times. The vixen and I have started sharing an entree - which at some places gets a dirty look.
When we go to a restaurant (years ago it seems), I always ask for the to-go box when my meal arrives. I then will put half (or more if at a mex, due to chips and salsa) in the box, so I don't overeat, and have lunch the next day.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Trying something new tonight, was in at Fareway and the had Rueben brats, corned beef, cheese and kraut in a brat casing. Grilling right now hopefully they will be good.
My BIL got some venison made into rueben brats a few years back. Yummy!

Reactions: BCClone

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
Just read an article about Kellen Winslow II. What he did was awful and wrong, not anything what I’m mentioning. What caught my attention was a charge of elderly abuse.......two women, one was 17 and other was 54. No other people mentioned. No way the 17 is considered elderly. Is 54 now elderly? To me that is still far from elder area. Man, I’m getting old if that is elderly.
I thought I heard on the radio that he raped a 77 yr old also.

• Informative
Reactions: BCClone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron