Coaching Search: Place your bets

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
I love the thought process behind this, but due to there being zero connections between her and Iowa State, there’s about a zero % chance this happens.
She grew up in South Dakota so I think she would be somewhat familiar with Iowa State and it's history without having direct ties to campus.

Reactions: Statefan10

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
This is pretty much my opinion. Maybe he's changed and figured it out, but his short time at NEB so far does not indicate that.

My other fear would be him again running off for NBA 2.0.
That is the problem with Fred. It will land on one end of the spectrum or the other with him. Either he is washed up as a coach and fails, or, he does well enough to get another NBA job. There really is no happy ending either way.

josh4isu

Aug 10, 2010
Iowa
That is the problem with Fred. It will land on one end of the spectrum or the other with him. Either he is washed up as a coach and fails, or, he does well enough to get another NBA job. There really is no happy ending either way.

The years from "well enough" to "another nba job" is the happy. There are no happy endings in collegiate athletics.

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
The best thing about being so bad for so long, is that Jamie has had the past two years to get a replacement lined up. When Hoiberg left we had little time and were left to choose from bottom of the barrel candidates.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Want: Honestly none of the names thrown around are inspiring. So crazy pick Mike Miller

Who it will be: TJ

Hard no: Hoiberg. Trying to remember the good times

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The best thing about being so bad for so long, is that Jamie has had the past two years to get a replacement lined up. When Hoiberg left we had little time and were left to choose from bottom of the barrel candidates.
Who would you want?

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Want: Honestly none of the names thrown around are inspiring. So crazy pick Mike Miller

Who it will be: TJ

Hard no: Hoiberg. Trying to remember the good times

The bolded is so true and it's a bummer. A combination of there not being a ton of top level talent available, plus realizing we are not much of a destination at this point is a bummer. I just can't get too fired up about TJ, Devries or a Fred re-run. I just can't.

Truthfully if we wound up with Prohm when we were a nationally relevant, Top 10 team, I fear for what we will get given our current state.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
The years from "well enough" to "another nba job" is the happy. There are no happy endings in collegiate athletics.
Maybe not super long term, but take a look around the Big 12. After Prohm at 6 years, the next shortest tenured coach is Dixon at 5, then Boynton at 4. We could get a guy like the other 7 Big 12 schools, all tenured around 10 year or more. It won't be Fred though

josh4isu

Aug 10, 2010
Iowa
Maybe not super long term, but take a look around the Big 12. After Prohm at 6 years, the next shortest tenured coach is Dixon at 5, then Boynton at 4. We could get a guy like the other 7 Big 12 schools, all tenured around 10 year or more. It won't be Fred though
Right. I need to let peoples' stupid Fred theories not bother me and just continue to be a closethusker while he's there. I just don't see a very successful basketball coach staying in Ames for 10+ years because well....it's never happened. And if there were 1 to do it it'd be CFH.
Do you guys think we could get Juwan Howard? Lol

• Funny
Reactions: IndyClone15

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
Who would you want?

Altman or Matta.

Don't want Hoiberg. He's 14-43(5-32) at Nebraska lol. Was 115-155 in 3 years and a half years in the NBA. He's a loser now.

And 1000% don't want TJ. He underperformed at South Dakota State and is 28-28 at UNLV. Would be the worst possible hire imo.

Don't want a successful mid/low major coach either. We haven't had luck with those.

• Dumb
Reactions: ISC and aauummm

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Want: A good coach
Think: T.J.
Don’t want: T.J. I was all for T.J. until I watched UNLV play twice and he is just as bad of a coach as Prohm. His team plays iso ball and stand around offense just like Prohm and every once in a while they do a high ball screen just like Prohm. It would be a major failure if Jamie hires him.

Space and pace offense is a great deal of fun when you have the horses for it. When you don't, it can look REAL bad.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: Snydes and isucy86

CyState85

May 8, 2019
Want—-Becky Hammon
Think—-Craig Smith
Don’t Want—-TJ: his teams are less disciplined than our current squad and I don’t believe he knows what he is doing as a Head Coach

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Altman or Matta.

Don't want Hoiberg. He's 14-43(5-32) at Nebraska lol. Was 115-155 in 3 years and a half years in the NBA. He's a loser now.

And 1000% don't want TJ. He underperformed at South Dakota State and is 28-28 at UNLV. Would be the worst possible hire imo.

Don't want a successful mid/low major coach either. We haven't had luck with those.
Think we have a shot with Altman or Matta?

WhoISthis

Oct 6, 2010
She grew up in South Dakota so I think she would be somewhat familiar with Iowa State and it's history without having direct ties to campus.
Couldn’t she soon land a NBA HC job?
Why go to a bad setup at Iowa St and risk that?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron