Anyone else hearing that JP has already decided Prohm is coming back?

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
No Way Hoiberg is walking away from $25 Million guaranteed even if he is a total disaster. No Way Jaime would give that kind of money.
Marked. Never say never.
I'm not holding my breath, or even saying it's going to happen, but when it comes to money and buyouts and donors, it's not cut and dry.

• Winner
Reactions: dahliaclone

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
As I have repeatedly said, it should be a non-starter if a potential coach wants a very low NBA buyout.

Why? I will take a coach that has 3-5 successful years, rebuilds the program, and leaves it in a better place when he goes to the NBA any day.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Why? I will take a coach that has 3-5 successful years, rebuilds the program, and leaves it in a better place when he goes to the NBA any day.

That's fine, but I want money for it. If a coach is so successful that the NBA wants him, the NBA can pay us for him.

Reactions: cyclonehomer

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
I’m thinking that it will be announced sometime between tomorrow and before the start of the ncaa tournament that prohm will not be back. all depends on jp wanting to give one last hurrah game(ala mccarney/rhoads)
Big 12 tourney as the hurrah? I would agree to do it after today...might motivate the guys to win one in KC for their coach....or give Prohm option to let an assistant have a game.

Reactions: Nococy

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Big 12 tourney as the hurrah? I would agree to do it after today...might motivate the guys to win one in KC for their coach....or give Prohm option to let an assistant have a game.

And could also give them time to gather some props

CU7O9PJU8AAMQZq.jpg:large

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Here’s what’s gonna happen. Bookmark it. Tag it. Set reminders in your phone. Steve will be let go around March 17th or 18th and Altman will be hired around April 1st
Would love it but have no idea why Altman would want to come here when Oregon is a much better job than ISU right now. He's winning the Pac 12 right now. Can't exactly imagine wanting to give that up to coach the worst P6 team in the country this year

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Would love it but have no idea why Altman would want to come here when Oregon is a much better job than ISU right now. He's winning the Pac 12 right now. Can't exactly imagine wanting to give that up to coach the worst P6 team in the country this year

He’s from the Midwest and old. He may want to get back here.

Reactions: Scott34