IOWA STATE TO BIG TEN?!? Dave Wannstedt thinks so.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Never said it was a lie. Just a very carefully crafted message

I’m sure Jamie does the same thing with Chris Williams.

It was very clear what the message was. They aren’t expanding on any short timeframe. It doesn’t take much crafting. There isn’t some hidden meaning. There isn’t anything concealed. I honestly don’t understand the point you are trying to make here.

May 7, 2020

Houston Chronicle reporting UH's formal vote to join the Big 12 is expected next week.

I expect BYU, UH, UC, UCF all join up officially effective 7/1/2025 and then the next step is just wait for Texas/Oklahoma/SEC to make us an offer. In the meantime if we want to talk B1G or Pac-12 nothing is stopping us.
This can’t be. I was told I was stupid for believing the Big 12 would actually expand and this is all a smoke screen to force OU/TX to pay more.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
It was very clear what the message was. They aren’t expanding on any short timeframe. It doesn’t take much crafting. There isn’t some hidden meaning. There isn’t anything concealed. I honestly don’t understand the point you are trying to make here.

It is starting to get sad how many people are desperate for the hidden messages here. I'd give it a small chance that the other power leagues re-evaluate after OU and UT leave and with the benefit of another year or two of performance, so I think the door isn't permanently closed for ISU and the others.

But the people who really believe that all of these decisions are already locked and loaded in secret, and everything you see in the media is a smokescreen designed to hide that, while they wait for OU and UT to pay up before springing their master plan... Those people need to take a step back.

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
This can’t be. I was told I was stupid for believing the Big 12 would actually expand and this is all a smoke screen to force OU/TX to pay more.
Nobody is saying they wont expand. The B12 conference is going to do everything possible to stay viable. It's that schools with landing spots worked out like KU and ISU (B1G) and KSU, OSU, TT (P12), WV (ACC) are playing along as are the networks and other conferences to make sure UT/OU (ESPN/SEC) pay up. It's all going to happen, much like Dave W told us, it's just going to take awhile.

CloneJD

May 14, 2020
Nobody is saying they wont expand. The B12 conference is going to do everything possible to stay viable. It's that schools with landing spots worked out like KU and ISU (B1G) and KSU, OSU, TT (P12), WV (ACC) are playing along as are the networks and other conferences to make sure UT/OU (ESPN/SEC) pay up. It's all going to happen, much like Dave W told us, it's just going to take awhile.
Actually that is exactly what the BigAnnon crowd has said.
The idea that we are handing out invites next month when 5 teams have these clandestine landing spots worked out is beyond stupid.

May 7, 2020
Actually that is exactly what the BigAnnon crowd has said.
The idea that we are handing out invites next month when 5 teams have these clandestine landing spots worked out is beyond stupid.
Agree. It’s hard to know what’s true and what isn’t, but there are now reports that none of the other leagues wanted the 8 Big 12 teams. Now we are handing out invites at the end of the month. At this point, I’m just trying to be realistic and except the fact that this is the new Big 12. Now they just have to figure out how to stay a Power 5 and get paid like one. That’s my biggest concern.

Reactions: I@ST1

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Agree. It’s hard to know what’s true and what isn’t, but there are now reports that none of the other leagues wanted the 8 Big 12 teams. Now we are handing out invites at the end of the month. At this point, I’m just trying to be realistic and except the fact that this is the new Big 12. Now they just have to figure out how to stay a Power 5 and get paid like one. That’s my biggest concern.

I will say this - if the ADs weren't at least satisfied with whatever they're being told about $$$ in the new Big 12, they wouldn't be moving this quickly. It seems like the decision to add these four schools in particular is happening faster than most people thought, and certainly faster than it would need to. If the $$$ was looking bad, I think we would be slowing down and trying to figure out a better plan, but I'm guessing we will be at least OK with where we end up financially since we are locking and loading on this plan in September.

• Optimistic
Reactions: 2076 and KnappShack

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

Getting paid like one is all that matters.

From a football perspective BYU, UCF, Cincinnati, Houston, ISU (Yes. The Fighting Cyclones), KSU, OSU, TCU, WVU have all had recent success on the field.

The Bearcats gave Georgia all they could handle.

Get a good TV/marketing partner and this looks like a fun league to watch.

I say start the marketing with a pirate flag and a middle finger to the SEC.

It could take some wins, but this still looks P5 to me.

• Agree
Reactions: 2076

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Timeline:
-OuT say bye bye
-Cease and de-f**k you
-All media reports remaining Big 12 = MAC
-The Dude of Kansas says KU to B1G imminent
-Alliance forms to fight Thanos. Big 12 is in the DC Universe
-Wannstedt
-Pac 12 says they’re cool (but clearly not cool)
-Big 12 word salad of whatever that was yesterday
-Reports of Big 12 expansion
-B1G thought about expansion, but would rather search for the infinity stones throughout time

…and based on this timeline I am to believe we have a soft landing spot in the Avengers Cool Kidz Club? Yea, no.

Which one has the hotter women, that’s the one I want to be in.
This is a tough one.
tumblr_o9rvshZeqS1r2aobgo1_400.gifv

vs.
avengers-age-of-ultron.gif

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
So, it's been determined that Gal is yours and ScarJo is mine. You telling your wife first,? I want to hear that reaction first before telling mine.
My wife will be fine with it. My list of 5 is ever-evolving. As is hers. However, hers tends to be different than mine. Hers consists of people like the hot coworker, the milkman, the Fedex guy, the guy that reads the water meter, and the guy at the bar.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

How long is a while?