IOWA STATE TO BIG TEN?!? Dave Wannstedt thinks so.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
Just old SWC animosity? Or something extra?

it does go back to the swc, lots of animosity between the schools that moved on and those that didn’t.

If you take a look at a map of Texas, and see where each is located within the state, you can see why they always hated Houston.

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
It's going to take the mods forever to sort through all this paperwork for these reports.
giphy.gif

There's a couple reasons she's always been the best wonder woman.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
We will. And this time next year you’ll be playing us in a conference game.

I'm convinced you're trolling at this point, but what the hell. Adding Iowa-ISU to the slate of intra-conference instate rivalries would be a cool thing; Black Friday/Thanksgiving weekend CyHawk anyone?

Plus would free up a noncon to play another power team (maybe a Pac or ACC team with this alliance)

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
I agree that 5 years from now everything could look totally different. I’m sure there will be some agreement put in place to ensure some form of stability, but there are never any guarantees obviously. I was more commenting on how insulting people can be when you are trying to be realistic about the situation. Sure I would’ve loved to be in the Big 10, but right now it doesn’t appear realistic. So let’s focus on the realistic best possible scenarios. Not sure why that offends people so much???

You're basing this on some BS public statements that mean nothing. If there are agreements or discussions, they will be denied until finalized and announced. I will consider the Big 12 talking about expansion just a diversion right up until they formally invite teams. Its a giant game of poker. This is not a sprint, everything doesn't have to be decided this week. I don't think the recruiting piece is that big of a deal either as I'm sure they will let the recruits know we have a good spot, and if not, it is so easy to transfer that it really shouldn't deter as much as it did a decade ago.

May 7, 2020
You're basing this on some BS public statements that mean nothing. If there are agreements or discussions, they will be denied until finalized and announced. I will consider the Big 12 talking about expansion just a diversion right up until they formally invite teams. Its a giant game of poker. This is not a sprint, everything doesn't have to be decided this week. I don't think the recruiting piece is that big of a deal either as I'm sure they will let the recruits know we have a good spot, and if not, it is so easy to transfer that it really shouldn't deter as much as it did a decade ago.
I’m not sure if you are serious. There is more than just casual rumors flying. Local newspapers and radio stations of the 4 schools are reporting Big 12 invites are coming in 7-10 days. At this point it would be shocking if anything different happened. I don’t understand why they seem to be a such a quick timeline but it appears they are. Like it or not, it’s happening.

G-Rock

Nov 9, 2006
So next week?

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Watching the VT and UNC game and they were talking about Houston and UCF joining the conference, the color guy said he was surprised and thought it was a lateral move from the AAC. Now how in the hell is moving from a G5 conference to a P5 conference a lateral move? He thought that Houston should hold out for a Pac 12 invite, because they are located in Houston.
He forgot to add in that Houston averaged a little over 25K a year in attendence in 2019 and was in the red about 33 million from the university.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Watching the VT and UNC game and they were talking about Houston and UCF joining the conference, the color guy said he was surprised and thought it was a lateral move from the AAC. Now how in the hell is moving from a G5 conference to a P5 conference a lateral move? He thought that Houston should hold out for a Pac 12 invite, because they are located in Houston.
He forgot to add in that Houston averaged a little over 25K a year in attendence in 2019 and was in the red about 33 million from the university.

The AAC generates no income and the matchups are complete garbage.

The Big 12 powers that be must have a number quoted from broadcast partners about a hypothetical deal.

Saw the article where ESPN floated the idea that a Big 12 contract with OU/Cows would not go up. Ok. They must've signaled what a new Big 12 would be worth too.

If not and the league is just going rogue..... Then our prospects were pretty damn dim.

Also not buying into this jumping ship in a couple of years idea too. OU and Texas just played the Big 8 dirty. Can't imagine those schools would do the same

• Agree
Reactions: AlaCyclone

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
The AAC generates no income and the matchups are complete garbage.

The Big 12 powers that be must have a number quoted from broadcast partners about a hypothetical deal.

Saw the article where ESPN floated the idea that a Big 12 contract with OU/Cows would not go up. Ok. They must've signaled what a new Big 12 would be worth too.

If not and the league is just going rogue..... Then our prospects were pretty damn dim.

Also not buying into this jumping ship in a couple of years idea too. OU and Texas just played the Big 8 dirty. Can't imagine those schools would do the same
I agree - unless the Big 12 is coordinating with networks, any move at this point, especially "promoting" G5 schools, is just desperately flailing.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Watching the VT and UNC game and they were talking about Houston and UCF joining the conference, the color guy said he was surprised and thought it was a lateral move from the AAC. Now how in the hell is moving from a G5 conference to a P5 conference a lateral move? He thought that Houston should hold out for a Pac 12 invite, because they are located in Houston. He forgot to add in that Houston averaged a little over 25K a year in attendence in 2019 and was in the red about 33 million from the university.

Andre Ware. Former Houston QB.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
I'm convinced you're trolling at this point, but what the hell. Adding Iowa-ISU to the slate of intra-conference instate rivalries would be a cool thing; Black Friday/Thanksgiving weekend CyHawk anyone?

Plus would free up a noncon to play another power team (maybe a Pac or ACC team with this alliance)
Plus they could establish KU and NU as a rivalry game!

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
I agree - unless the Big 12 is coordinating with networks, any move at this point, especially "promoting" G5 schools, is just desperately flailing.
Especially, given the markets and talent rich recruiting states, plus BYUs special advantages

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I have a really hard time seeing these teams coming into the Big 12 in 2023 and then half the current Big 12 teams announcing they're leaving the conference that same year.
What do you think the big ten will do? They can’t wait until 2035 or they will extremely late.

• Agree
Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE