Urbandale Hy-Vee booze sale

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
This sounds like the type of thing I would avoid. While nice prices, I can't deal with this type of stuff (like black Friday). If everyone just grabbed a few bottles and checked out like normal that would be fine but I'm not dealing with a big line and people grabbing pallets of booze.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Also if you go to another state and buy their beer and bring it across state lines it is illegal. If you get pulled over while In possession of it it’s a large fine!
Ridiculous. I live on the IL and WI border and literally know of dozens of others including myself that do this regularly. Maybe none of us have been caught, but I still call bs.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Ridiculous. I live on the IL and WI border and literally know of dozens of others including myself that do this regularly. Maybe none of us have been caught, but I still call bs.
ALCHOHOLICS. ALL OF YOU!

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
This sounds like the type of thing I would avoid. While nice prices, I can't deal with this type of stuff (like black Friday). If everyone just grabbed a few bottles and checked out like normal that would be fine but I'm not dealing with a big line and people grabbing pallets of booze.
Y1JWKSE.gif

• Haha
Reactions: CloniesForLife

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
Sorry bro. You might want to stop

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Makes you wonder if restaurants and bars that have people come and buy for their places.

I'm sure they do. Restaurants and bars have to buy from retailers, the state liquor warehouse doesn't sell directly to them.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Just dropped over $200. Place was a zoo!! Still had Captain! Got everything we wanted. Keeps us supplied til next years sale.

RotatingColumn

Oct 21, 2008
Lame.
Sioux City's spooktacular spirits sale includes $1 off Jim Beam and Tito vodka... who the hell drinks Tito vodka??:rolleyes:

KCClone1

Feb 28, 2010
Urbandale
My wife was there to get groceries at 8:00 and she said it was bananas. The cashier said that people had carts full and unloaded on the belt before 6:00 am. They can't sell before 6, but people can fill their carts.

I like booze as much as the next guy (ok not UNIGUY) but that isn't worth it to me.
I was there at around 7:15 and it wasn't bad at all. I only had to wait at the checkout for two customers in front of me. Maybe I hit the sweet spot between 6 and 8.

Reactions: cycloner29

isubb79

Jul 16, 2009
Just went to grab a few small items about an hour ago. No place to park, and once was inside....took 45 minutes to check out $10 worth of grocery items. Unbelievable.
I was there around 10 and it took less than 10 minutes to checkout. I decided I wanted to grab a couple of more items and went through the check out a second and it also took less than 10 minutes the longest lines I saw both on the grocery side and liquor side were 2 customers

• Informative
Reactions: Messi

isubb79

Jul 16, 2009
Makers and Captain were already gone when I showed up. Not too surprised
There was at least a couple of pallets of Makers mark in the door way between liquor and grocery stores when I was there around 20 but I couldn’t find any Bacardi rum anywhere in the store

Last edited:

UNI1ISU2

Jun 7, 2019
If you don't like alcohol, why do you keep posting in a thread that is about alcohol? It's really easy to skip threads.
Never said I didn’t like alcohol. Just said I won’t participate in hoarding it. Also a guy called me out saying I was lieing about laws and I posted a link to it and he disappeared

• Dumb
Reactions: Macloney

Help Support Us

Become a patron