OFFICIAL Midland Results thread

NittanyCy

Mar 19, 2006
Just a horrendous ending to this tournament. i don't know why it is that varner doesn't take control of these matches and put the guy away. The kid got lucky with a reverse and he didn't leave himself enough time to score. Just an awful way to finish off.

redrocker

Sep 5, 2006
Ames - West-CY'd
I just want to go puke. I was so pumped up at 7:00, now I just want to go to bed and not get up at all tomorrow. I can not imagine what that bus trip back will be like for the team.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Well, even though ISU completely blew this thing...again, there are still a lot of positives.

ISU had Iowa beat and chocked, this shouldn't happen at nationals. Iowa will have fewer points at nationals too, due to scoring at 2 weights. Winning would have been great, but honestly, no one remembers Midlands. It is just another step towards March.

The biggest problem from this tournament is Burk. Losing him for 6 weeks is gonna hurt.

Last edited:

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
I feel a little better now. We got no breaks and the format at nationals will be better for us than this. We're right there with the squawks and if we work our butts off we can win nationals, which is our number one goal anyway.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Well, even though ISU completely blew this thing...again, there are still a lot of positives.

ISU had Iowa beat and chocked, this shouldn't happen at nationals. Iowa will have fewer points at nationals too, due to scoring at 2 weights. Winning would have been great, but honestly, no one remembers Midlands. It is just another step towards March.

The biggest problem from this tournament is Burk. Losing him for 6 weeks is gonna hurt.

Also we lost to a few unattached wrestlers (most notably Sanderson) that won't be at nationals.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
Z and Erekson win

Final team score
156.5 Iowa
153.5 ISU

ISU results
125 Clark - 2nd
133 Fanthrope - 2nd
141 Gallick - 3rd
157 Sanderson - 2nd
165 Reader - 2nd
184 Ward - 6th
197 Varner - 2nd
HWT Z - 3rd

Not a bad showing at all. Again, a lot of positive and motivation for the wrestling room. Not having a 1st place winner is disappointing, but Gallick did awesome. He had to win 9, that's right 9 matches to get 3rd place, really disappointing huh?:skeptical: Ward had a great tournament too.

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
Also we lost to a few unattached wrestlers (most notably Sanderson) that won't be at nationals.

Losing to Bono is not a bad thing at all...yes the guy is old as dirt, but he was a tough wrestler and I would be surprised to see many people in that weight beat him any year. He is good

MilehighClone

Sep 14, 2007
Set time aside to go to a sports bar and watch the finals; we stunck and I'm in big trouble! Takeaways: Metcalf the best since Cael(maybe better), Gotta get the first takedown(were both timid and week)! WE still suck on our feet. Bono /Cyler match was great! ISU wrestling for second.....

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
So what is going on is Brands still has is VT crew and we are still building.
Right now we are the Wes Mantooth of College wrestling to Iowa. I don't think it will last long, but who knows....