OFFICIAL Midland Results thread

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
I wonder if SH or DJK learn how to spin conversations from these announcers on the big10.

Keddy was just getting worked and the announcers are talking about how Keddy is going to be such a greater wrestler after this match because he is getting worked. 25 seconds left in teh match and they are still talking about how Keddy is still going hard after Herbert, this match was over 1 minute into the 1st and they felt the need to talk Keddy up the whole time and not mention that it was over with.

This is the Big Ten Network. And Gable is an announcer. Get over it.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
I missed all but the last ten seconds of that match. Why was there no stalling called? The guy hung on for his life and didn't even try to move.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
We are weak!! We need to get over whatever mental block we currently have before nationals.

I honestly think we are the most talented team but we just can't win the big matches. It is tough to watch

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Maybe all of this horrible luck we've had will change in the nationals. How many times can we come so close to winning a key match only to have it snatched away.

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
Well no other way to say it but we CHOKED this tournament away. When is Varner going to learn that he just can't ride people out that are close to his skill level. I thought maybe he had learned that this year but I guess not.

The good news is that we are going to take 2nd place at Midlands and we have quite a bit of room to improve ... I'm still pretty excited for Nationals.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
At best he would have gotten a warning. You need 2 to lose a point. Would not have happened.

Varner's lack of aggressiveness cost him again. Same way he lost the Nat'l title last year.

We completely pizzed this one down our leg.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
At a big ten school, on the big ten network, big ten schools all have wrestling programs.... ISU is never going to get a fair shake. What a joke.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
This is like a home meet for the Big Ten wrestlers. The refereeing seems to give them all the breaks.

ISU gets totally shut out of champions with five in the finals.

jj-cyclones

Dec 26, 2007
Ames
We are weak!! We need to get over whatever mental block we currently have before nationals.

I honestly think we are the most talented team but we just can't win the big matches. It is tough to watch

Seems like we never blow anyone away! I'm not a Doc or anything but I feel like there is a mental block on us as well!!! Like they don't think they can win! Or it will be handed to them! AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!