Brian Joens needs to be dealt with

Status
Not open for further replies.

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
I'm glad I never had to deal with a parent like that in High School or College. There were plenty of my high school classmates who had parents who who act like that at High School games and I was embarrassed for them. I told my parents in High School that if they behaved like that they aren't welcome to come watch me. In High School it didn't really hold any power but it College it did because as an athlete you get free tickets to give to friends and family and if they acted like that they weren't getting my tickets.

It's a shame people act like that.
My daughter is a freshman in college now, and I am so happy that we're done with travel ball. It's sickening to see how many softball dads who think this is okay behavior. Most of them got weeded out along the way to 18U, but for the unfortunate few whose daughters' talent outweighed the cons of an insane parent, the rest of us are stuck having to be near them if we want to cheer for our daughters and their teammates. I had really hoped it would no longer be a thing in college, but I guess we'll find out next weekend in Clearwater.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
Even if they did do that, guys like this don't give a rat's ass what someone else tells them or thinks.

Then he pulls his daughters from the team, and bill rides off into the sunset at 12-18

they made their deal with the devil to get his daughters, they are dealing with this because he his daughters are great basketball players

barometriclow

Jan 31, 2009
Ankeny
Brian Joens is a problem and is making a mockery of this program. I was one section over from where parents sit. He looked manic. Heckled, cursed and yelled insults the entire game. Was not supporting the team it was obvious he was only there to make a scene. This is also directly in front of the press table. He should have been asked to leave. As a man, I understand not wanting to make a scene with someone like that but it’s embarrassing to the program.
I thought they sat near the top of section 112 or 111.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
If he was throwing abuse at the staff all night I'm not sure Bill is the one to do it. Honestly it probably has to be his daughters. And who wants to put someone in that situation?

He is not going to listen to his kids. He is the boss of them. Won't work.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Then he pulls his daughters from the team, and bill rides off into the sunset at 12-18

they made their deal with the devil to get his daughters, they are dealing with this because he his daughters are great basketball players

That's the catch right, if he's a big a hole I'm sure he's already threatened to pull all 3 of his kids before. I'm sure this stuff happens constantly in college, especially bball. And the coaches are just stuck between a rock and a hard place.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
giphy.gif

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Last year Texas game was the worst I have seen him. I was about ready to turn around and tel him off.. and I’m a very calm person

Imagine it in a mostly empty Municipal Auditorium for the Big 12 tournament last year.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I feel for the kids but not the wife. It's not like this is new and she had a choice. You can't choose your parents.

I’d be careful to assume too much. In general leaving an abusive system is hard and while it seems obvious and doable to those outside the situation, we don’t know the dynamics.

ScottyP

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
After reading about his antics and that he will move around the arena, I'm hesitant to take my family to any more women's basketball games. I don't want my kids around someone like that.

• Sad
Reactions: tzjung

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA
Dude sounds like a piece of work...

If it's true that he goes to Iowa women's basketball games just to yell at people sounds deranged.

Are there cops at Hilton during games? I don't know because I generally don't want to fight people and have never encountered a cop there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron