Audi Crooks commits to Iowa State

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Any chance she transfers to a bigger school for her senior year? Being dominant athletically is impressive, even at the 1A level, but I'd love to see her compete a couple levels up to get a better idea how her skills translate. I've seen enough 1A Girls Highschool basketball games (grew up near Nashua) to know that it isn't the most glamourous version of the sport.
I got a chuckle out of the very midwestern "near Nashua", as if that helps even most of the Iowa based people here know where you are talking about.

But I love Nashua - I used to go to the Big 4 Fair every summer with my Grandpa to watch his nephew in the chuckwagon races.

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

jep15

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 30, 2006
Any chance she transfers to a bigger school for her senior year? Being dominant athletically is impressive, even at the 1A level, but I'd love to see her compete a couple levels up to get a better idea how her skills translate. I've seen enough 1A Girls Highschool basketball games (grew up near Nashua) to know that it isn't the most glamourous version of the sport.
She plays against 2a,3a,4a,and 5a schools already.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I got a chuckle out of the very midwestern "near Nashua", as if that helps even most of the Iowa based people here know where you are talking about.

But I love Nashua - I used to go to the Big 4 Fair every summer with my Grandpa to watch his nephew in the chuckwagon races.
Nashua = Little Brown Church

everybody-knows-that-kevin-hart.gif

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque

I attended the Big 4 Fair many times. Been a few years now, of course.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Why would she?
A) She plays AAU.
B) she's already committed.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Think he meant playing more than 1-2 games against 4a/5a
Yeah, like even if she played for Algona High, I think they would play mostly 3A competition which would be an interesting step up for her that I'd like to see, selfishly. Probably doesn't matter much.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Yeah, like even if she played for Algona High, I think they would play mostly 3A competition which would be an interesting step up for her that I'd like to see, selfishly. Probably doesn't matter much.
She has talked about wanting to break her mom's HS records for career so that means she isn't moving. My daughter played against the DM AAUs and the Twin cities ones. There is no comparison with the comp level. TC blows aways the DM stuff. Even if she was during some of that circuit it would be better comp.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
She is having a great time at Garrigan playing ball and winning championships. Why would she leave?