Ferentz not going to replace disbanded diversity committee

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I have always viewed it as hush money. Doyle knows everything about KF.
Oh it's 100% hush money. They were BEST friends and Kirk runs one of the tightest ships out there (we know what that means now). And you obviously know that Kirk gave him a great review to Urban Meyer when Doyle was hired under the table there. I'd say there was almost a 100% chance conversations between Kirk and Urban happened regarding Doyle being hired and Kirk had to have said good things.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I think we learned during the Jane Meyer deposition that Kirk doesn't email.
No.. Kirk sent that email back in Jan/Feb to all the recruit's families that the dissolving of the committee was for him to reflect on it and construct a better one? Remember that email? The one that definitely was written by Kirk and not someone in PR? The one that instantly got leaked to the press?

• Haha
Reactions: RezClone and JP4CY

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Unless you’re a thinker, then apparently not necessary to ponder information
Thinker only thinks about what he wants to think about. Par for the course for Iowa fans. Rules or things that they don’t like, don’t exist.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Yes, but there have been a lot of old white dude coaches that have gotten the employment capital punishment for a hell of a lot less.
I love that Thinker is basically saying that being on your best behavior now some how absolves decades of abuse.

• Agree
Reactions: GMackey32

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Ha! Now do people of color.
I believe you responded to my surprise that he has skated on this so far. When compared to other coaches in his class - old white dudes - he has been surprisingly teflon on this. Let's talk about the racism in this case without dragging this into the cave, please. Relegation of this conversation to the cave and to page nine of the sports section plays right into his hands.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I believe you responded to my surprise that he has skated on this so far. When compared to other coaches in his class - old white dudes - he has been surprisingly teflon on this. Let's talk about the racism in this case without dragging this into the cave, please. Relegation of this conversation to the cave and to page nine of the sports section plays right into his hands.
You live in delusions if you think white Iowa is going to turn on Kirk over racism. Not really sure why acknowledging the obvious bias that exists for white coaches, is cave relegation?

We still have an unbelievable ridiculous chasm of a gap between the amount of white coaches and black coaches.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclones1969

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
You live in delusions if you think white Iowa is going to turn on Kirk over racism. Not really sure why acknowledging the obvious bias that exists for white coaches, is cave relegation?

We still have an unbelievable ridiculous chasm of a gap between the amount of white coaches and black coaches.
So other old white dude coaches haven't been fired or totally canceled to the point where they can't function and quit for less?

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I mean if you are Ferentz, why would you? You have a President, AD, media and fanbase that isn't going to push back on you. Why not do what you want?

• Agree
Reactions: MJ29

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Our nation has such a short attention span. The whole BLM movement has been superceded by mass shootings, Jan 6 hearings, and the economy. Unfortunately, acts of racism have moved to the back page.