Ferentz not going to replace disbanded diversity committee

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Their silence in this thread speaks volumes. You know those obsessive weirdos are reading it.
I hope in the week where Kadyn Proctor makes a decision in like August that ESPN picks up the lawsuit story of Akrum Wadley and runs wild with it. They haven't settled their lawsuits yet and I hope they do in the heat of summer and ESPN goes wild with it. God do I despise that fanbase and program.

Reactions: Statefan10

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
The Depositions for this lawsuit started in April.
Seth Wallace was added to lawsuit as a defendant on April 20th.
You are not added to a lawsuit as a defendant unless the prosecutor has substantial evidence as to why you should be added. For this high profile of a lawsuit, it must be very substantial...

It has not been stated whether Seth Wallace's allegations are racial.

What did Seth Wallace do?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Yeah, it can be tough to find a hotel room with 3 beds. Just throwing that out their. But then again, I believe Garza's dad did time in prison. So, he may be used to sharing a bunk.
I'm pretty sure he was already getting the room comp'd by his employer and ended up pocketing the $$ and got into a bit of trouble.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You are not added to a lawsuit as a defendant unless the prosecutor has substantial evidence as to why you should be added. For this high profile of a lawsuit, it must be very substantial...

Pretty sure Wallace was the one who constantly made fun of the player with a learning disability and even displayed his grades in front of other players which I believe is in violation of some rule/law.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Meanwhile, Iowa fans:

whats-going-on-little-girl.gif

Reactions: kbud and intrepid27

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I still would've loved to have heard the conversation or read the email/text chain between Kirk and Urban when Urban decided to hire Doyle. It would've been very interesting to hear/see what was said.

• Agree
Reactions: MJ29

NorthIowaCy

May 10, 2022
Say you are going to fix the problem by having a committee look into
these two reports, let time pass, disband the committee, and it’s back to business as usual.
Hawkeye fans easily forget these two well documented fact finding investigations into the Iowa Football Program:

A 2018 internal report detailed major racial biases inside the Iowa athletic department. Findings of the report through a Freedom of Information Act Request exposed wide-ranging discrepancies in the way that Black players were treated when compared to their white counterparts. The Diversity Task Force created by Iowa found that Black players were targeted for more drug testing, weren't informed of resources available to student-athletes, were more harshly punished and expected to conform to the culture that white players set. The report also states that players were subject to verbal harassment by coaches.

A 2020 external investigation of Iowa's football culture concludes that Black players often have felt they were treated harshly. The report by the Husch Blackwell law firm also addressed concerns raised by former players that Ferentz's son — Iowa offensive coordinator Brian Ferentz — was part of a group of current football staff members that engaged in racial bias and player mistreatment. “In sum, the program’s rules perpetuated racial or cultural biases and diminished the value of cultural diversity," the report reads. "The program over-monitored players to the point that they experienced heightened anxiety and maintained a culture that allowed a small group of coaches to demean players.” The report's findings are consistent with complaints raised in the past two months by many Black former Hawkeyes.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

This is a civil case. There is no "prosecutor".

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
"Fired" doesn't seem like the right word for a guy who was given $1M on his way out the door.

What an absolute slap in the face of the victims. The worst offender gets a $1M check.
It was honestly the only thing Iowa could do.. Someone had to go down and Doyle seemed to be the worst of the bunch so it was an easy decision on who they were going to cut ties with. If you fire him, he could then come back at Iowa and say he did nothing wrong OR open up a whole can of worms detailing what other coaches have done and what Kirk let happen.

Let him go, give him a hefty sum, sign an NDA, and boom.. problem "solved".

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclones1969

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
It was honestly the only thing Iowa could do.. Someone had to go down and Doyle seemed to be the worst of the bunch so it was an easy decision on who they were going to cut ties with. If you fire him, he could then come back at Iowa and say he did nothing wrong OR open up a whole can of worms detailing what other coaches have done and what Kirk let happen.

Let him go, give him a hefty sum, sign an NDA, and boom.. problem "solved".
I have always viewed it as hush money. Doyle knows everything about KF.