Ferentz not going to replace disbanded diversity committee

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Sean Bock reported a rumor he heard from an Iowa staff member regarding Hunter not being a good student and would struggle to make it to Iowa State. I believe he deleted whatever he said so there's nothing to link. Since Barnes was the lead recruiter er whatever and he is an absolute child, it's pretty easy to presume he was the one who leaked that to Sean.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Sean Bock reported a rumor he heard from an Iowa staff member regarding Hunter not being a good student and would struggle to make it to Iowa State. I believe he deleted whatever he said so there's nothing to link. Since Barnes was the lead recruiter er whatever and he is an absolute child, it's pretty easy to presume he was the one who leaked that to Sean.
I remember this was stated by cytwins and he started that also...... so.... we are going off of someone that said bogus stuff and got kicked off the board for it as truth?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I remember this was stated by cytwins and he started that also...... so.... we are going off of someone that said bogus stuff and got kicked off the board for it as truth?
Twins didn't make up that Bock reported that. Twins just said he thought it was Barnes because Barnes was whining all over Twitter talking about coaches negatively recruiting against Iowa.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Twins didn't make up that Bock reported that. Twins just said he thought it was Barnes because Barnes was whining all over Twitter talking about coaches negatively recruiting against Iowa.
So we are going off of that? that Barnes said it because twins thought he did? Bock reported it, but so did a few other reporters. Deyo is fine and hope he does well. Iowa backed off because of the grades for that time being and ISU was confident he was good to go. Not sure why this is still an issue. He obviously was ok with them.

• Dumb
Reactions: clonedude

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
So we are going off of that? that Barnes said it because twins thought he did? Bock reported it, but so did a few other reporters. Deyo is fine and hope he does well. Iowa backed off because of the grades for that time being and ISU was confident he was good to go. Not sure why this is still an issue. He obviously was ok with them.
Bock also said Iowa was going to wait and see what things were like in the fall with it...... But you guys like to leave that part out.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I frankly don't care whether his grades were good or not, but it's kind of weird you're still pushing that narrative. Two reporters said that, one was a K-State guy and one was Bock. Both of those guys are reporters for rival schools and I highly doubt either K-State or Iowa backed off of a guy like Deyo because he had issues with grades.

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Iowa didn't back off. They were still putting the full court press on him up until his commitment. Then Barnes threw a fit on Twitter and all of a sudden the "Deyo Grades" rumors started coming out. Occam's Razor says this is all connected.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I suggest you spend the money. when I did I kind of left this place and it was for the better. I come back every so often to see how nuts it still is at times.

Were you one who was teeing off about Iowa bball's 'trajectory' in March last year prior to the NCAA's?

When that kind of thing was being said on here, yes, it was nuts.