Soares Commits

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
okay, so I am out of the loop here... Why did Aubrey leave?

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
okay, so I am out of the loop here... Why did Aubrey leave?
I think it was just apparent that her minutes wouldn't be going up from last year and more likely would be going down, maybe significantly, depending on how much time Ashley sees at the three and how much time Fritz gets. Plus there isn't much time clearing out at the guard positions in the next couple of years. Based on her statement and Fennelly's response, it seems like there aren't hard feelings either way.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclad

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I think it was just apparent that her minutes wouldn't be going up from last year and more likely would be going down, maybe significantly, depending on how much time Ashley sees at the three and how much time Fritz gets. Plus there isn't much time clearing out at the guard positions in the next couple of years. Based on her statement and Fennelly's response, it seems like there aren't hard feelings either way.
Also Diew getting more minutes as the season wore on.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Growing up in Brazil with a Brazilian father and an American mother I wonder how much Portugese and how much English she spoke day to day.
I have more than one friend who grew up in Germany with at least one American parent not the same families). They may need an occasional American cultural reference explained—but no trace of an accent. Apparently not in German, either.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Does anyone know if Iowa State actually preferred Soares to Brown?
That's hard to say. Brown would have been available for two seasons instead of one, but Soares brings a lot more offense. Brown's defense has been described as "good to great" but her offense as "limited".

I think we would have been happy with either (or even both).

Reactions: Tpups21

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
That's hard to say. Brown would have been available for two seasons instead of one, but Soares brings a lot more offense. Brown's defense has been described as "good to great" but her offense as "limited".

I think we would have been happy with either (or even both).
Soares sounds like a potential All-American depending on how she adapts.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Dang a tall athletic big, I'm looking forward to this season already.

barometriclow

Jan 31, 2009
Ankeny

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron