University of Iowa has the worst football fans AND Coaches?

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
When someone tells you to throw a beer can at them, you generally would not do that because they are bating you into an assault charge. My gosh arent these people future lawyers?
You do realize that law school is a grad program, right? Lawyers can behave badly, but I’d doubt if any of the people throwing stuff were law students.
They asked for it.
That would actually be the better argument. Arguing that bad stories are over represented in these threads and that the victims were not as blameless as they say they were are much better arguments than whatever Shawker is doing

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
This is exactly the type of behavior I expect from a bunch of entitled kids from Joliet, Elgin, etc. yet claim to be from "Chicago".

I feel the superiority complex that suburban Illinois kids have over us Iowa kids is the route cause of the douche behavior in Iowa City. The best and brightest of Illinois stay in state or go to better schools. The rejects flock to Iowa City and move the urban Chicago the weekend after graduation.
Okay. Let's not get all conspiracy theory here about Illinois kids. First of all! ISU also has a lot of them but our fan base isn't chucking full cans of beer at opponents' fans.

Secondly, you obviously don't know the geography of Illinois very well. Joliet and Elgin aren't "ritzy" suburbs necessarily. There are middle/upper middle class areas in each, but both have plenty of blue collar areas as well.

A lot of the "entitled", wealthy crowd's up in the North Shore. I grew up in Illinois, attended ISU, and never felt I was better than anyone else there.

There are suburban poseurs who claim they're from Chicago to try to seem cool, but lots of kids who grow up near big cities do that, so...

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I'd never witness beer cans or urine in my time at Jack Trice/Ames and would call that out had I.
I did see a drunk guy drop his phone in the urinal last year. Then stare at it for about 15 seconds contemplating his next move before he picked it back up and put it in his coat pocket.

• Funny
Reactions: cycloner29

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
Okay. Let's not get all conspiracy theory here about Illinois kids. First of all! ISU also has a lot of them but our fan base isn't chucking full cans of beer at opponents' fans.

Secondly, you obviously don't know the geography of Illinois very well. Joliet and Elgin aren't "ritzy" suburbs necessarily. There are middle/upper middle class areas in each, but both have plenty of blue collar areas as well.

A lot of the "entitled", wealthy crowd's up in the North Shore. I grew up in Illinois, attended ISU, and never felt I was better than anyone else there.

There are suburban poseurs who claim they're from Chicago to try to seem cool, but lots of kids who grow up near big cities do that, so...
Most of the kids that were from Chicagoland when I went to ISU usually would say they were from Chicago, except the Naperville kids. They were adamant about saying they were from Naperville.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
You do realize that law school is a grad program, right? Lawyers can behave badly, but I’d doubt if any of the people throwing stuff were law students.

That would actually be the better argument. Arguing that bad stories are over represented in these threads and that the victims were not as blameless as they say they were are much better arguments than whatever Shawker is doing
You would be surprised at the things I have seen both law students and lawyers do. There isn’t a grievance commission for nothing

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I'd never witness beer cans or urine in my time at Jack Trice/Ames and would call that out had I.

I've been to a lot of ISU games/tailgates and never witnessed that. I've been to other stadiums in ISU gear and have never seen it. I've never been to Kinnick and probably never will because of their fans.

It's no contest for worst fanbase I've experienced coming to Ames. At the time I just figured it was because of the in state rivalry, but as I've been to more games in Ames and elsewhere I've realized it's just Iowa fans.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Feel free to provide proof. It's not living with my head in the sand to not take an extremely biased person's provocative statements as fact.

My wife and I back in 98' had it done us. How do I know......because we were fortunate enough to see the losers coming in the back of their pickup, ducked the cans and when they hit the parking lot they burst. That's how hard they were thrown.

Notice I said 98'. That was a while back, right after we were married. I'm sure it's been going on longer.

Does it happen elsewhere......I don't know. We have never had it happen to us elsewhere. We get very colorful insults yelled at us almost always by some overly barley hopped up crazies......but never had projectiles launched at us like in Iowa City.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
You would be surprised at the things I have seen both law students and lawyers do. There isn’t a grievance commission for nothing
Probably not considering I was a law student myself and see the reports of some of the grievances.

It was still a dumb horse that 1929 was beating.

jdolson27

May 23, 2015
Please stay and defend yourself. This is fun.
I wonder if he has a law degree from Iowa. He would be a ****** lawyer from ****** city. He would be in court saying video is not evidence it’s hearsay.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I wonder if he has a law degree from Iowa. He would be a ****** lawyer from ****** city. He would be in court saying video is not evidence it’s hearsay.
And it’s ok to assault someone if you hit them by accident and were aiming at someone else!

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines

Chiming in to say that your second paragraph is essentially what I was attempting to do but clearly I was not doing so very eloquently. I admit I was wrong about the pregnant lady getting hit with the beer can. I should have watched the video first. I was wrong. And to cfinnerty if your group experienced that I apologize as that's completely unacceptable. Okay I'm leaving again.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Nevada just gave up 616 yards and 55 points to Incarnate Word, so whichever QB starts for Iowa is pretty much guaranteed to have success. Kirk is thinking that Nevada is just the medicine that Petras needs. He also knows that he and Brian would look even worse if they start Padilla and he has a good game.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Nevada just gave up 616 yards and 55 points to Incarnate Word, so whichever QB starts for Iowa is pretty much guaranteed to have success. Kirk is thinking that Nevada is just the medicine that Petras needs. He also knows that he and Brian would look even worse if they start Padilla and he has a good game.
Holy ****, IW had 8.9 yds per play. That's crazy.

• Wow
Reactions: Statefan10

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion

I recall one of my first ISU games in the early-to-mid 90s where Utter had a bad turnover and some fans were calling loudly that Utter sucks, the other ISU fans shut them down for complaining about our players.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
I recall one of my first ISU games in the early-to-mid 90s where Utter had a bad turnover and some fans were calling loudly that Utter sucks, the other ISU fans shut them down for complaining about our players.
I didn't like Utter because he had more Ralph Lauren shirts than me. OK. It wasn't so much that I didn't like him. It was more that I was jealous.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY