*** Official #17 Baylor vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
These announcers. Yeah, Baylor really dominated that game. They won by 7 and were gifted at least 14 of those by the refs.
They definitely don't always see from our perspective. I suppose they did dominate to a degree, and certain aspects of the game, but also with the refs help! No question of that. They probably forgot that much quicker than we would.

Otherwise, I didn't think they were bad. They were actually pretty good, unless I missed something else. IMO of course.

Baylor is going to improve through the season. I hope we do too. It would be very nice if we had the opportunity at a rematch, this year.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
They definitely don't always see from our perspective. I suppose they did dominate to a degree, and certain aspects of the game, but also with the refs help! No question of that. They probably forgot that much quicker than we would.

Otherwise, I didn't think they were bad. They were actually pretty good, unless I missed something else. IMO of course.

Baylor is going to improve through the season. I hope we do too. It would be very nice if we had the opportunity at a rematch, this year.
Mainly my comment was directed at them saying Baylor dominated the game. We were on our heels early because of flat out **** calls being called on one team and not the other. Take those two early PF calls out and I don’t see Baylor having the score they did at all. They weren’t marching up and down the field without free yards.

Baylor is good and I’m proud of the way we kept it close. I feel bad for our team when right off the bat, the refs decide one team can’t play the way the other team does. And of all teams, murder and rape U gets the calls in their favor.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
BU 361 yards, ISU 350.

Biggest deal with the stats was the rushing yards 123-66.

That's not crazy yards given up by ISU but it felt like a lot of their runs were the devastating variety.

• Agree
Reactions: mkadl and CyNews

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
There is no reason to wait until down 17 to throw the ball more than 10 yards down the field. Lack of creativity absolutely crushed us in the third quarter

Did ISU have receivers open on the back end?

Felt like every ball thrown down field was pretty well guarded and there were a lot of BU DBs around.

• Agree
Reactions: quasistellar

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
This loss stings…but it’s not the end of the universe here. I had this team at 7-5 this season and this hasn’t changed for me. Get a win against KU next week and get right - remember we usually start 2-2 under Campbell we are still ahead of schedule. Oh and Fok the refs for that ejection and targeting call.

That win against KU might be tough to get. Baylor might be the worst team in the Big 12…. I guess we will see …

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
That win against KU might be tough to get. Baylor might be the worst team in the Big 12…. I guess we will see …
giphy.gif

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Back from Ames.
The result sucked.
The refs sucked.

But, the weather was perfect, and I feel blessed that I could spend another CFB Saturday in Jack Trice Stadium!

Go beat the Jayhawks in Lawrence and come home and beat the K-State Wildcats.

Then, ISU will be (5-1, 2-1) at the halfway mark.

I can dig it!

Let's Go State!

Last edited:

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
Did ISU have receivers open on the back end?

Felt like every ball thrown down field was pretty well guarded and there were a lot of BU DBs around.
I wondered that too. Hard to tell on tv they never show the whole field until after it's thrown

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Matt didn’t cry like a baby as Paul would’ve.

So just never bring it up?

What if they ejected 5 of our guys for normal tackles? Is there a point it's worth addressing?

Or are you saying address it 100% but all behind the scenes. If that's what you're saying I agree that probably gets more done.

If you let these guys spot the opponent 14 with no recourse at all that is not a winning formula either.