*** Official #17 Baylor vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

bozclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2011
Indiana
Remember when posters on here were suggesting our program would be better off in the MAC when CPR was here. They thought we could never compete in the Big 12. I guess this thread is better than that

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield
Yeah. 15 yard bonus do-overs after getting stuffed on 3rd down is the missing stat.
I wouldn't have the mental toughness to play through watching my team mates get called for penalties that are borderline made up. Then get to watch them on the replay boards. I wouldn't have the guts to keep calling the borderline penalties against the same team. So I cant ref and I cant play college football. The refs set the tone and then didn't stay consistent. I can believe I didn't say a word to the Baylor fans in section 33. They were not good sports.

Aduhbolu15

Feb 28, 2021
Remember when posters on here were suggesting our program would be better off in the MAC when CPR was here. They thought we could never compete in the Big 12. I guess this thread is better than that
Remember when Paul said you can’t win at iowa state in the big 12 with the current schedule format? Matt proved that wrong!

• Agree
Reactions: bozclone

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
I wouldn't have the mental toughness to play through watching my team mates get called for penalties that are borderline made up. Then get to watch them on the replay boards. I wouldn't have the guts to keep calling the borderline penalties against the same team. So I cant ref and I cant play college football. The refs set the tone and then didn't stay consistent. I can believe I didn't say a word to the Baylor fans in section 33. They were not good sports.

Brock's reaction when he had the super obvious text book targeting go uncalled shows just how aware the guys are when they are getting screwed. He knew the guy hit him helmet to helmet. He knew their wasn't a flag. He knew his teammate got ejected for what wasn't even helmet to helmet.

I will say the live streamers and game reacts on the Baylor Sic 'Em network all know they got incredible gifts to start the game. One of them even used my exact words about not having earned the points. Of course then they move onto their 3rd quarter where they did earn it, just like any fans would.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
Also, the flea flicker was absolutely pathetic on so many levels for the defense. They had enough time to hand off, pitch the ball twice, and then let the QB stand there before hitting a wide open receiver 50 yards down the field.

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
- We lost to a well-coached team that probably has a slight talent advantage
- I think we got outcoached a little today
- We had opportunities but played far from perfect
- The officiating in the first quarter put us at a disadvantage. What can you do? Send the tape to the conference office and move on.
- I think we need to work harder on establishing the run.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Also, the flea flicker was absolutely pathetic on so many levels for the defense. They had enough time to hand off, pitch the ball twice, and then let the QB stand there before hitting a wide open receiver 50 yards down the field.
A dagger.

ExCyment

Jan 8, 2013
Crescent, IA
Kansas, being the epitome of the worst team in FBS for more than a decade, has the start of a season that we could only dream of. Such is Iowa State fandom.[/QUOTE
]

Meh, they really haven't beaten anyone yet. I think it is an improved team but mostly fools gold.

Last edited:

ExCyment

Jan 8, 2013
Crescent, IA
The picks almost didn’t bother me. One was a fluke and one was just a 4th down play when he’s trying to make a play. There were several other throws he didn’t make good throws or just plain misfired. That kinda stuff has to be corrected.
He does need to learn to throw the ball away when there is nothing there. He was so good at quick deliveries the first few games. Holding on to it too long now. It will come with experience.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
We should have gone for 2 if we scored a TD.
Not sure if you are busting my b@lls or not....but I kind of like it. Down by 10 at that point, you are looking to teach your team to not be passive. Passivity is infectious. Go for touchdown, go for 2, then successful onside kick and an successful out pass wins with a good kick....LOL...all astronomical odds.
Bottom Line, play with more urgency earlier to stay out of onsides kick scenario.
Been outside for last 4 hours....but I keep visualizing how weak the QB rush attempts were today.....I am mean, not good. passive. uncommitted. etcc....

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
-Lost the turnover battle

-Lost the time of possession battle

-Lost total yards battle

-Lost the penalties battle

This is the recipe for a loss 100% of the time.

Yep. One inexperienced QB made no mistakes on the road. Another inexperienced QB made mistakes at home.

And refs ****** the home D twice.

Help Support Us

Become a patron