*** Official Kansas State vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Does Campbell have a handle on here? Literally the only place I saw people publicly ridiculing Gilbert was on Cyclone Fanatic.

I saw a lot more people criticizing Campbell for putting him in that position. Or the offense because quite frankly it never should have been close enough that the kicking game mattered

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Valid but we aren't Alabama or Ohio Statethat just reloads talent. We had a very senior team last year and lost nearly everyone. We are ISU, there can (and likely will) be a setback after we have a stacked team like we did in 2021. I am as frustrated as all of you but "holding Campbell accountable" is the dumbest thing I have ever heard on here and there is dumb stuff posted on here every day.
Curious, what happens if he won't fire Manning?

I mean, you have to be seeing what we are.

Completely inept and uninspired on offense. For years. Even with NFL talent.

Do you not understand how recruiting will drop off? And fast?

Would you want to play in this offense if you have aspirations of reaching the NFL?

Exactly.

Lose Manning or lose more games and recruits. Fast.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Tap the brakes here. If our offense had a pulse, that’s the stat line of the losing QB with 10 points. Our defense was nails.
That’s a solid outing for a QB. Never said it was amazing or stellar or crazy good. But I would take that line from Dekkers almost every game with the defense we have.

Reactions: CRcyclone6

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Still a lot of people being dramatic. This is no where near Rhoads-era where we were blown out regularly and were non-competitive.

However there are some issues with the offense right now. We have no rushing game and won't (or can't) stretch the field vertically at all.

Need to figure something out there or it's going to be difficult to become bowl eligible this year.
The only difference is that we have a good defensive coordinator and not Wally Burnham. If we didnt have Heacock we'd be getting run

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Nah, Texas appears to have the talent, qb, and offensive power to beat us by multiple scores at home.
Texas often has a letdown after Red River rivalry. That's probably our best hope of keeping that close

Reactions: awd4cy

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
AND there is nothing I have seen with 6 games (other than a bad ohio team) that gives me hope that we are going to score points.
I also think people are on edge because they don't see many wins left because the league is so good.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I saw a lot more people criticizing Campbell for putting him in that position. Or the offense because quite frankly it never should have been close enough that the kicking game mattered
Yeah, it seemed like most of the flaming was toward the offense for stalling out on all those drives and at the staff for trotting him out for that final attempt.

I know a lot of people wrote him off as likely being mentally jacked for his career after that, but again the frustration was more aimed at the staff for how they managed that and not at Gilbert for missing the kick.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006

Exactly right. All I criticized last week was Campbell for putting the poor kid out there a 4th time with the game on the line.... and also for the offense not scoring TD's instead of having to settle for all those FG's.

• Agree
Reactions: aeroclone

tyrelrobert

Oct 18, 2006
West Des Moines,IA
So he's saying we should try to fry the OC this week to get a better performance next week? Consider it done

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
HD will be a fine QB but no way in hell was he starting in front of Purdy last year as a lot on here suggested that he should have. I get Manning isn't great but I think we have to realize this team just isn't that talented on offense which is a shame because this defense is very very good.
Hutchinson, Noel, and Stanley is a pretty good group of wideouts. Brock (albeit injured, no one's fault there) is a good RB. There's enough talent to make a reasonable offense here, but it's not happening.

I will say that I am completely on board with you that the defense deserves better. I just happen to think Manning hasn't put the offense in good situations for a long while. He only now has average-to-good college talent instead of NFL talent and is being exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.