*** Official Kansas State vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
I'm sure the kid got roasted last week but that's a rough quote. Kind of ***** on one of the only good things to come out of the game tonight.
Super proud of Gilbert for his kicks tonight. Awesome seeing a freshman do that and excited to see him grow when I wasn't sure of that 24 hours ago.

Actually pretty shocked Campbell came out and did that. Not a good sign IMO.

Unless we see a shocking turnaround on offense over the back half, absolutely HAVE to see some turnaround on that side of the ball. If Manning gets a job offer even at a D-3 school, push him to take it. Need to get some fresh ideas on that side as Heacock has more than pulled his weight for a long while now.

cyclonehomer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2019
Yeah, say what you will about our fan base, but we had a pretty solid showing for what has been on the field the last few weeks.
How many other places routinely fill stadiums even when their teams suck? Not many.

Very disappointed to see that quote from Campbell. How hard is it to say "Gilbert really battled the adversity well and we're really proud of him"?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
That’s a solid outing for a QB. Never said it was amazing or stellar or crazy good. But I would take that line from Dekkers almost every game with the defense we have.

Also just looking in control of everything.

Reactions: jctisu

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
How many other places routinely fill stadiums even when their teams suck? Not many.

Very disappointed to see that quote from Campbell. How hard is it to say "Gilbert really battled the adversity well and we're really proud of him"?
What was the quote?

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Does Campbell have a handle on here? Literally the only place I saw people publicly ridiculing Gilbert was on Cyclone Fanatic.

I don't know about others, but I was frying Campbell for not going for it on 4th down twice.

Reactions: Dowwmeow

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
The only difference is that we have a good defensive coordinator and not Wally Burnham. If we didnt have Heacock we'd be getting run
I think recruiting is better under Campbell too. We've gotten more players drafted in the NFL under his helm.

Even if this team only wins 4/5 games this year (but remains competitive for all of them), I could see them rebounding next year with a couple of additions.

I also think they could make some adjustments this year and make a bowl still (beat WVU, OU, and like Texas Tech or something).

I think the time to worry is when we really aren't competitive or if recruiting were to drop off (which happened with Rhoads in 2012/2013, but we didn't do anything until like 2016).

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
Love Campbell but that's a massive redirection play to say the fans were the problem. And a big FU to those that keep showing up.
I have noticed when Campbells back is against the wall in situations like this(when we aren’t doing well) he really struggles to compose himself in front of the media. He gets extremely petty.

Cyballz

Aug 20, 2009
I have noticed when Campbells back is against the wall in situations like this(when we aren’t doing well) he really struggles to compose himself in front of the media. He gets extremely petty.
Maybe that’s why he’s still here and not in New York, Detroit, Tallahassee or Tennessee. Randy Pete is a helluva lot easier on him after games like this than the media in other places would be

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Remember when everyone on this board was claiming that we didn't throw deep the last couple years because Purdy lacked the arm strength? The same Purdy who got drafted and made an NFL roster? And the arrival of Dekkers as starter was going to fix that? Ah, those were the days.

Reactions: Snydes

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
It's September 2nd, you are just told the following:
1) ISU will go undefeated in nonconference
2) Will hold opponents to average of 13.7 points per game
3) After 6 weeks is tied with Oklahoma in the Big 12 standings

How many of you would guess we would be 3-3? Weird year.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Remember when everyone on this board was claiming that we didn't throw deep the last couple years because Purdy lacked the arm strength? The same Purdy who got drafted and made an NFL roster? And the arrival of Dekkers as starter was going to fix that? Ah, those were the days.

I also remember the idea that Dekkers was better, would have played over Purdy, and that the offense would be wide open. That was only a few rosy posters, but it wasn't hard to guess that wouldn't be the case.

This was an incredibly uhhyped season. Seems we're seeing the reasons why.

ZuriCyclone

Nov 10, 2019
People have already come after Heacock. His next move is retirement.

Whaaat, who is saying that. Are they out of their mind.

That man has single handily changed the culture of this program. He is the reason we dont get blown out and remain in games, even when the offense/ special teams are terrible. If he leaves , might else fire CMC.

John Heacock and this defense are the football team, not just this season, the entire last 5 five years.

ZuriCyclone

Nov 10, 2019
CMC just said in the press conference , they have a great staff. This guy is clearly not going to change anything in the offensive staff this off season. So lets continue to keep losing these close games, then get blown out when John Heacock retires.

He also said he seeing great growth every week, is this guy insane. What is he watching during offensive game film.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Whaaat, who is saying that. Are they out of their mind.

That man has single handily changed the culture of this program. He is the reason we dont get blown out and remain in games, even when the offense/ special teams are terrible. If he leaves , might else fire CMC.

John Heacock and this defense are the football team, not just this season, the entire last 5 five years.
You misunderstood the post. The poster was saying other schools were trying to hire Heacock.

clone1990

Apr 14, 2008

Yep, not a sign of maturity or professional.

Reactions: dirtyninety
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron