Toe/squawks lose

cyclone82

Sep 22, 2022
Iowa dropped from #27 in the NET to #60. Yikes.
Likely they are not even that good. Especially without the Murray kid....only legit BB player on team.....and the lazy mad franny didn't even have to recruit him.....he jus showed up.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Everyone on Iowa’s side was probably just wanting to get the game over and fly/drive home before the three day blizzard. Thought they could sleepwalk over them.
Probably.

But if you think about it EIU has Christmas holiday pretty much the same calendar day as the Hawkeyes.

So that's a bit like "We lost because of Wilson Brand basketballs" (which both teams are playing with.) Or their football loss in 1985 was because of rain - like it only rained on the players in Steeler look-a-like unis.

CycloneSpinning

Mar 31, 2022
Early Christmas gift the Hawkeyes lost today to eastern Illinois in Iowa City
I’m going to get some “dumb” responses to this…and I can live with that.

Can someone explain to me how a thread created to revel in an Iowa loss…when they beat us by 20 (and it sadly probably wasn’t that close) doesn’t make them OUR Super Bowl (but when some are claiming we are theirs)? I’m just having a hard time understanding how we can make fun of them at this point.

In my mind in a real-life situation, an Iowa State fan’s presence would actually make an Iowa fan feel better, as they could just say “scoreboard” in relation to our game…and again they feel better and we feel worse. Again, seems like shaky ground to be standing on when making fun of another team.

Last edited:

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
I’m going to get some “dumb” response to this…and I can live with that.

Can someone explain to me how a thread created to revel in an Iowa loss…when they beat us by 20 (and it sadly probably wasn’t that close) doesn’t make them OUR Super Bowl (but when some are claiming we are theirs)? I’m just having a hard time understanding how we can make fun of them at this point.

In my mind in a real-life situation, an Iowa State fan’s presence would actually make an Iowa fan feel better, as they could just say “scoreboard” in relation to our game…and again they feel better and we feel worse. Again, seems like shaky ground to be standing on when making fun of another team.
1 We were having a pretty good season.
2 Then we lost badly to our hated in-state rival. We feel like ****.
3 They seemed to be doing good (not great, but good). They're feeling pretty good.
4 Then they lost to some nobody team, at home, after being favored by more than 30 points. As a former Eastern Iowan, putting up with hok fan superiority complex for 40 plus years, watching the pure agony their fan base is feeling after this is something I celebrate.

It's not so much an us versus them thing. More of a "Their agony in any sports outing is fun REGARDLESS of whether we're better or worse than them!"

Last edited:

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

Because, F*ck Iowa!

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
10,500 according to U of Iowa

View attachment 107291
Here is a photo a friend of mine took that was at the game, the clock reads. 7:45, not sure of the half. Looks like 3,000 at most.

May be an image of one or more people, people playing sports and stadium

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Confirmed. Steven Spielberg has purchased the movie rights from Gary Barta to make a film of the Eastern Illinois victory over Iowa.....the greatest basketball story ever told. Preliminary working title "Loosiers"

Preliminary Casting:
--Alec Baldwin as Fran McCaffery
--Seth Rogen as Connor McCafferty
--Robert Downey Junior as Tony Perkins
--The crunchy breakfast taco guy who gets hot chicks as Filip Rebraca
--The Harlem Globetrotters as the EIU team
--Kevin Hart as Ahron Ulis
--Lizzo as Josh Ogundele
--Mark Hamill as fan #1; George Takai as fan #2; precious as fan #3; etc....
Lizzo is going to have to put on some weight to play Ogundele.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Actually looks closer to 300 than 3,000.
Not even close to the 10,700 EIU reported as at the game. They have to be counting tickets sold, and they have a lot of older people that have tickets but just do not get out much in the winter.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

It's a rivalry. You think Iowa fans didn't have a field day with 2002 ISU football's crater while they won a share of the B1G, or in '05 after ISU stomped them but ended up giving Baylor their first road B12 win? They should have.

FWIW it's pretty easy to point out that this year Iowa shot extremely well from all over, and actually defended ISU, which is uncharacteristic from any other game, while it was easy to see that ISU didn't defend and was bad on offense even for them.

I've read/heard some say 'well ISU did the same thing last year in Ames' but ISU shot at or below their season averages in the 2021 game, including terribly from the line and simply defended Iowa like normal.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I think it may be 7:45 before tip? Otherwise where are the players?
Could be, he gives no clue of the time he took it, but let's say it was taken 8 minutes before the start of the game, are thousands of people working their way on the stairs to their seats, or hanging around up top, waiting to go down? Sure, does not look like it.