Toe/squawks lose

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Looks to me that the Iowa defensive plan in the second half was to let EIU dunk on them until either their legs got tired or their hands sore from hitting the rim. Then put on the press in the last 2minutes to close up the score.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Not even close to the 10,700 EIU reported as at the game. They have to be counting tickets sold, and they have a lot of older people that have tickets but just do not get out much in the winter.

ISU does the same thing, so no trash talk from me it was a piss poor matchup, bad weather, and a moved up tip. I believe we would have had better attendance but it sure wouldn't have been a full house. I do laugh at their loss though.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
haven't gone through the entire thread... but something happened where a fan was kicked out. any links to that? tia.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Looks to me that the Iowa defensive plan in the second half was to let EIU dunk on them until either their legs got tired or their hands sore from hitting the rim. Then put on the press in the last 2minutes to close up the score.
You mean the Homer Simpson boxing strategy?
tumblr_inline_p5jz8igsMQ1tg5wat_540.jpg

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
ISU does the same thing, so no trash talk from me it was a piss poor matchup, bad weather, and a moved up tip. I believe we would have had better attendance but it sure wouldn't have been a full house. I do laugh at their loss though.
Hey,Iowa State’s crowd totals are accurate.

• Haha
Reactions: NWICY

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Also seeing a lot of FranFaithFul defending the actions of Fran during this game.

Reactions: exCYtable

imnclone

Oct 22, 2006
It literally won't take much at all for ISU to get right and hasn't.

If they played the same way their last two games they might have lost or at least been close at the end.

This is weird seeing folks think the Iowa game=any other game or that one game is supposed to be what that team just 'is'.
I actually like this year's team better than last year's. Should be able to get 7-8 wins in conference. Horrible performance at Iowa just one game, but Iowa doing badly doesn't undo the "no show" for me.

Last edited:

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
I just take notice of how many embarrassing moments there are for the Fran fam and the ToE ‘program.’

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009

Iowa using the Carol Channing approach

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
I’m going to get some “dumb” responses to this…and I can live with that.

Can someone explain to me how a thread created to revel in an Iowa loss…when they beat us by 20 (and it sadly probably wasn’t that close) doesn’t make them OUR Super Bowl (but when some are claiming we are theirs)? I’m just having a hard time understanding how we can make fun of them at this point.

In my mind in a real-life situation, an Iowa State fan’s presence would actually make an Iowa fan feel better, as they could just say “scoreboard” in relation to our game…and again they feel better and we feel worse. Again, seems like shaky ground to be standing on when making fun of another team.

It was the biggest loss (by point spread standards) in the history of the sport and they lost by 9! It's such an anomaly that it was a national story. It was its own topic on PTI and even non-sports media picked it up. You might never see a loss like that again for decades.

• Winner
Reactions: Rural and Cyrocks

CyPunch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
There were like 4k-5k people actually in attendance. In fairness, this was a weird start time game. Check the 3rd picture in this tweet.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
It was the biggest loss (by point spread standards) in the history of the sport and they lost by 9! It's such an anomaly that it was a national story. It was its own topic on PTI and even non-sports media picked it up. You might never see a loss like that again for decades.

After hearing Hawk fans laugh and point at ISU by bringing up Hampton and then Drake (ISU football barely winning that game), I have no issues making fun of the Hawks after this loss.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
haven't gone through the entire thread... but something happened where a fan was kicked out. any links to that? tia.
Someone came out of the nosebleeds and cussed the Iowa bench out for no defense.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron