Deuce Vaughn to the NFL ...

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Seems like a prime example of a kid that a good NIL package could keep around. I'd have to imagine at his size his NFL prospects aren't great.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm and nrg4isu

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Seems like a prime example of a kid that a good NIL package could keep around. I'd have to imagine at his size his NFL prospects aren't great.

Its not a great comparison but he is the same height as Darren Sproles.

Reactions: CyNews

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
At first, I thought it was about Deuce Hogan. WTF?

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Its not a great comparison but he is the same height as Darren Sproles.
He's the same height, but IMO he doesn't have the strength to break tackles like Sproles did. I feel like once you got him moving parallel to the line of scrimmage to start off, he could be neutralized fairly easily.

That being said, I have nothing against Vaughn and am pretty indifferent. Like others stated, we contained him pretty well and he never really did anything against us. He'll be a good story if he succeeds.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
He's the same height, but IMO he doesn't have the strength to break tackles like Sproles did. I feel like once you got him moving parallel to the line of scrimmage to start off, he could be neutralized fairly easily.

That being said, I have nothing against Vaughn and am pretty indifferent. Like others stated, we contained him pretty well and he never really did anything against us. He'll be a good story if he succeeds.

Ya it will need to be the right team. And I did say its not a great comparison. ;)

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Good for him, I hope he makes it. I do think he is good, but it does seem unfortunate that he's entering the same draft as Devon Achane who does a lot of what Deuce can do with a bit more size.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Good for him, I hope he makes it. I do think he is good, but it does seem unfortunate that he's entering the same draft as Devon Achane who does a lot of what Deuce can do with a bit more size.
Deuce's father is a Cowboy official. I'm sure he knows what's ahead. Running backs only have so many carries in their body. Good choice for him to move on now. It will be interesting to see who picks him, maybe this year's Mister Irrelevant? ha.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I think both Vaughn and Bejan will both be good NFL backs. Vaughn will be a 3rd down back IMO. Bijan is someone in the modern NFL that has about a 5-7 year run in him since he is a physical runner and will wear down quick.