Deuce Vaughn to the NFL ...

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
UDFA written all over him. Watched him when ISU played Kats and nothing special. Not to say he didn't have success against other teams at the D-1 level just didn't happen against our D which is above average btw. I could see him as a kick off and punt returner similar to Kene in Minneapolis but I can't see an NFL GM/Coach valuing him high enough for a draft pick. Seems like a good hard working team guy so best of luck to him.

• Agree
Reactions: jcisuclones

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
UDFA written all over him. Watched him when ISU played Kats and nothing special. Not to say he didn't have success against other teams at the D-1 level just didn't happen against our D which is above average btw. I could see him as a kick off and punt returner similar to Kene in Minneapolis but I can't see an NFL GM/Coach valuing him high enough for a draft pick. Seems like a good hard working team guy so best of luck to him.
You usually are more circumspect. Of course, I remember what you wrote about K-State post coach Snyder, so why am I surprised at this latest drivel? You want to bet a 1,000 acres on that take that Deuce won't get drafted? I'll put up our lake home.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
You usually are more circumspect. Of course, I remember what you wrote about K-State post coach Snyder, so why am I surprised at this latest drivel? You want to bet a 1,000 acres on that take that Deuce won't get drafted? I'll put up our lake home.
It's not unusual for an UDFA to be in a better situation where he can select a team that has a better opportunity than be a late round choice. I expect him to get a good shot in the NFL but not as a RB. If he has good hands, he could make a good slot receiver covered by LB's. And as I stated, as a return man. You seem to get agitated when we are not as high on Martinez and Vaughn particularly. My wife disapproves of me betting and I like to eat.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I haven't seen any mocks, but it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him go UFA. Definitely not NFL size. I wouldn't call him a burner either. I very much doubt that he's faster than Breece Hall. He's a 3rd down back in the league and maybe a KR/PR, but he didn't do much of that in college. That said, it would surprise me if he didn't make a roster. Guys like that are way undervalued at draft time and then show up in the preseason and everyone asks how the hell he went undrafted.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I haven't seen any mocks, but it wouldn't surprise me at all to see him go UFA. Definitely not NFL size. I wouldn't call him a burner either. I very much doubt that he's faster than Breece Hall. He's a 3rd down back in the league and maybe a KR/PR, but he didn't do much of that in college. That said, it would surprise me if he didn't make a roster. Guys like that are way undervalued at draft time and then show up in the preseason and everyone asks how the hell he went undrafted.
Oh my, this reminds me of preseason football smack.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
He still hasn’t recovered from his dream of k-state actually being competitive in their bowl game.
AG9I8566_web.jpg

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
It’s just too easy to piss surly off. And the best part is he thinks we care. It’s cute to keep him around though. You pose legit questions to him and he’s just a troll. Adorable.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Oh my, this reminds me of preseason football smack.
Don’t know what you want me to say. I said I thought he’d make a roster. The nfl draft is driven by measurables more than actual film. See Brock Purdy and Allen Lazard. Those guys were completely underestimated by the scouts. I think Vaughn might be too. That’s all.