Sour Grapes

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
And body slamming opponents and having a son who is in charge of getting into altercations and Bobo headbutting an Oregon player and and and.

Grill's deal likely should have been a foul but it didn't look malicious.
I agree. Definite foul, but I think his momentum carried him that way and he was trying to avoid making it worse.

• Agree
Reactions: CloneLawman

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Wow that was incredibly delusional by a lot of people in that thread. They fail to mention the numerous Big12 tournament championships or the success of players that have been drafted and in the NBA.

I do think that we got lucky that Prohms down years were during COVID and the Hawks good team had the tournament cancelled.

They were ranked #25 and 11-9 in a conference with few real good teams.

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I agree. Definite foul, but I think his momentum carried him that way and he was trying to avoid making it worse.

And FWIW as intense as the game was I thought except for a couple of chippy moments both teams held themselves in check for extra stuff.

Grill's 'T' was pretty funny but I'm wondering if he gets called out for it by the coaches since he got burned to the hoop right after (UT player lost the handled out of bounds).

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I’m fine with them winning their share against us as long as Fran stays. They are a mediocre team full of white dudes that are mostly family and legacies. Just good enough to sneak into the ncaas most years, but not good enough to do any damage there. They can have their wins in IC against us where everyone is hitting. What I don’t want is for them to be an actual threat recruiting the Midwest. Which they are not right now.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
They were ranked #25 and 11-9 in a conference with few real good teams.
That is what gets lost in translation. They weren't even that good, yet their fans were incessant about claiming the national championship. I think Jorbo even sarcastically or not sarcastically tweeted something along those lines. Too lazy to go check.

That was a pre-Murray team, but had a ton of upperclassmen on it. Garza, Kriener, Jorbo, and Nunge. Connor was also in his 3rd season as a RS SO, but was having statistically his worst season. Wieskamp and Frederick were decent to good players as sophomores. That may have been the year Frederick got hurt and then transferred to Kentucky. Where he now kind of sucks.

They were a classic Fran team with good old guys that knew how to play together but certainly had a low ceiling/high floor.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
That is what gets lost in translation. They weren't even that good, yet their fans were incessant about claiming the national championship. I think Jorbo even sarcastically or not sarcastically tweeted something along those lines. Too lazy to go check.

That was a pre-Murray team, but had a ton of upperclassmen on it. Garza, Kriener, Jorbo, and Nunge. Connor was also in his 3rd season as a RS SO, but was having statistically his worst season. Wieskamp and Frederick were decent to good players as sophomores. That may have been the year Frederick got hurt and then transferred to Kentucky. Where he now kind of sucks.

They were a classic Fran team with good old guys that knew how to play together but certainly had a low ceiling/high floor.
I think their players and fans honestly believed they had a realistic chance for a National Title run in that year and the year following. That's what happens when you get to take multiple nights off essentially playing in the Big 10, you play one decent or good team every 3 games and at the end of the year your record looks great. Flash forward to the NCAA tournament where you play back to back decent to good teams, and viola, you get Iowa.

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
The ISU basketball fanbase is about to explode with Otzelberger at the helm. The hate is only going to get stronger the more we enjoy basketball season. I can't wait.

Now if we were able to regain our football momentum while they make a bad hire after Ferentz. A man can dream...

twincyties

Dec 12, 2009
And FWIW as intense as the game was I thought except for a couple of chippy moments both teams held themselves in check for extra stuff.

Grill's 'T' was pretty funny but I'm wondering if he gets called out for it by the coaches since he got burned to the hoop right after (UT player lost the handled out of bounds).
Guarantee he got called out. I love it and hate it at the same time. They called a T on King for far less. You give them two FTs there and the ball, they get another bucket, you just went from up 9 to up 4 or 5.

TJ really preaches the “move on, next play” mentality. I wish that he would get on the refs more sometime but our team complains less than any college basketball team I’ve seen in years and TJ sticks to that philosophy for him and the staff too (for better or worse).

So safe to say Grill got feedback on this Tuesday night or Wednesday morning.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Guarantee he got called out. I love it and hate it at the same time. They called a T on King for far less. You give them two FTs there and the ball, they get another bucket, you just went from up 9 to up 4 or 5.

TJ really preaches the “move on, next play” mentality. I wish that he would get on the refs more sometime but our team complains less than any college basketball team I’ve seen in years and TJ sticks to that philosophy for him and the staff too (for better or worse).

So safe to say Grill got feedback on this Tuesday night or Wednesday morning.

I'm referring to the 'time out' signal from Grill in the 2nd half.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
I’m fine with them winning their share against us as long as Fran stays.
I find this to be an odd take. I don't really care about Iowa and I'm not willing to sacrifice any W's for Fran to stick around. Whether he is there or not has little impact on my ISU fandom other than the Iowa game and I would prefer we won all of the games against Iowa regardless of the coach.

Reactions: Remo Gaggi

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Funny that they still bash us for the transfers. Most of the successful teams are utilizing the transfer portal.
Funny thing is that TJ's about to bring in back to back top 10 classes for 2023 and 2024. Wonder how they'll spin that.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron