Texas & Oklahoma leaving in 2024, period.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Unpopular opinion. I don't mind losing Texas. However, I am an old Big 8 guy and I am sick of seeing the old big 8 teams leave. I would love to have Nebraska, Missouri, and OU stay with some added teams. Just years and years of watching those programs and the old rivalry's like OU vs Nebraska, Missouri vs Kansas (Basketball). Just don't like the new way. However, since they want to leave, GTFO and let's move on.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Get ASU to join the conference, they have been doing better lately anyhow. Or Let OU stay but they have to pay 2MM annual dues to be a member. Pull some money out of them.
Why in the world would OU take a pay cut to stay? And pay dues on top of that?

Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
So how much of the $100 million is distributed to the schools with Texas/OK early departure? Does anyone know that?

Unknown, but from this article form ESPN. Some of that money will be given to FOX,

A portion of the more than $100 million in exit fees will go to Fox to compensate for the equivalent of seven lost Texas and Oklahoma football games.

• Dislike
Reactions: VeloClone

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
Unpopular opinion. I don't mind losing Texas. However, I am an old Big 8 guy and I am sick of seeing the old big 8 teams leave. I would love to have Nebraska, Missouri, and OU stay with some added teams. Just years and years of watching those programs and the old rivalry's like OU vs Nebraska, Missouri vs Kansas (Basketball). Just don't like the new way. However, since they want to leave, GTFO and let's move on.
Big 8 guy as well.

Reactions: Gunnerclone

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
If I could magically realign everything I’d just go back to the real Big 8.
Isn’t it weird that fans and TV partners keep clamoring for more regional out-of-conference matchups, yet all the money keeps pushing for bigger conferences with more conference games and fewer and fewer opportunities for games like Georgia-Oregon or Michigan-Texas?

Think of the openings on schedules for games like that if a schedule had 5 non-conference openings like a Big 8 would have, instead of having 9 conference games plus a mandatory MAC/AAC/FCS “buy” game?

Reactions: CascadeClone

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Unknown, but from this article form ESPN. Some of that money will be given to FOX,

Gotcha. Seems like a win/win for both OUT and the Big 12 at this point. The quicker this is done is better for both sides IMO. Hate the way college sports has gone the last 15 years. We will all look back on the glory days in the 80s, 90s, and early 00s soon.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Guys, stop suggesting the Big 12 elevate more G5 teams. We've done enough of the heavy lifting on that.
San Diego State is a better option than a lot of pac12 schools. Most don't even want to join. Why take them? I think it's going to be interesting to see how these g5 schools do that are entering the conference. I would not underestimate how good a UCF or Houston could get with the right scheduling and TV deals. We'd be on the outside looking in hadn't we jumped on those schools when we did. Kinda arrogant talk too..Cincy just made the playoffs. When was the last time we pulled that off?

ClonerJams

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 26, 2022
Yeah. We used to get to see Iowa State or Kansas vs Mizzou all the time. Now we get Mizzou - Vanderbilt or Iowa State - UCF. Realignment blows for the fans, but its the new normal.

Reactions: Drew0311

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
San Diego State is a better option than a lot of pac12 schools. Most don't even want to join. Why take them? I think it's going to be interesting to see how these g5 schools do that are entering the conference. I would not underestimate how good a UCF or Houston could get with the right scheduling and TV deals. We'd be on the outside looking in hadn't we jumped on those schools when we did. Kinda arrogant talk too..Cincy just made the playoffs. When was the last time we pulled that off?
Bingo

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown

Do teams typically get better after jumping to a new conference? I guess TCU and Utah have had some success and were promoted to the P5.

I'm hoping OU and Texas go the way of Missourah and Nebraska

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Yep. Time to pick PAC and ACC schools (that I assume the B1G and SEC don't want because I'm just being real about it).
Is the ACC's grant of rights still a thing? This is complete madness!!..lol. Just follow the money and that's how this will eventually settle out. We'll get a lot of games on par with the money our program generates.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron