Chicago Bears bought Arlington Heights track only to build next to Soldier Field?

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
This will be good for the bears. Plus with the regular season running further into January, hope games won’t be brutal to attend.

Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
It is kind of funny that the tour we dubbed "The Steel Wheelchairs" tour is already more than 30 years ago.
It's kind of fun to go back and look at some of the pictures from when they played the Dome. Mick and Keith look old then and then you realize that was 42 years ago.

Attachments

• RollingStones.jpg
    RollingStones.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 13

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
The McCaskey's own the Bears. Its not a question of if they will f it up but how badly.

As far as I know, the franchise is all the money the owners have. Unlike many other franchises, who have wealthy owners from other businesses, the McCaskeys don’t have this. I would laugh so hard if they screwed up this development they want to build, because I could see them taking a bite too big for them to chew.

• Agree
Reactions: BigTurk

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
When all is said and done and all the dust settles it's likely Indianapolis will still have a better stadium.

That stadium wins the KnappShack stamp of approval for ease of taking a piss, buying a beer, and getting back to the seat in a reasonable amount of time.

The basketball arena there gets the same stamp of approval.

Indianapolis knows how to get a fan what they want.

Reactions: JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
When all is said and done and all the dust settles it's likely Indianapolis will still have a better stadium.
I freaking love the Vikings stadium so his attachment to that should be a good sign.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
That stadium wins the KnappShack stamp of approval for ease of taking a piss, buying a beer, and getting back to the seat in a reasonable amount of time.

The basketball arena there gets the same stamp of approval.

Indianapolis knows how to get a fan what they want.
The basketball arena is the best in the country. Full stop.

Amenities and design are incredible and a building built for basketball that you can play hockey in rather than the other way around is simply awesome

Reactions: KnappShack

BigTurk

Dec 17, 2013
Think the Bears opt for a retractable dome? I do hope the Bears somehow figure out a natural surface but that would be impossible I guess if they want to host other events in that space.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Think the Bears opt for a retractable dome? I do hope the Bears somehow figure out a natural surface but that would be impossible I guess if they want to host other events in that space.

Vegas and Arizona both have fields that slide out. So it's possible. Just not sure it makes sense in this ******* arctic Chicago climate.

• Agree
Reactions: Cloneon