Chicago Bears bought Arlington Heights track only to build next to Soldier Field?

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
The NFL will go for ANYTHING that makes them money. The NFL is a money grubbing wh0re that loves exploiting the players.

The Players Association does not want it.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Apparently the NFL mucky-de-mucks have decided they don't like the combine at all and want it done away with.

Watched some XFL stuff last night on ESPN+.

Love the second chance aspect of the league. Enjoy how ownership is all in.

I'll watch approximately 5 minutes of actual ball

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
So what's the holdup at A.H., trying to extort more concessions from the city? I'll be darn glad once these municipalities finally get out of these bidding wars. Let them pay for their own damn stadiums.
They aren't happy with a recent tax assessment on the property and having to pay taxes on an undeveloped piece of property during the years they would be constructing the stadium. If you search there are lots of articles out there.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Naperville, Aurora, and Waukegan as possibilities! Did I heard that Rockford might be one too? :eek:

Aurora. Can you imagine?

Hell just keep going to DeKalb and partner with NIU for a new stadium.

Aurora. I get trying to leverage towns against each other but I'd laugh the Bears out of the room if they hit me with Aurora.

Reactions: State2015

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
The thing with the Arlington Heights location is that it sits right at a hub of almost every major expressway that can get you to anywhere in the Chicago area. Interstates 90, 290, 355, 55, 294 and 88 are all easily accessible from that point. I would feel bad for Naperville. They basically have one major road through the town, Route 59, and it’s always packed now. And I88 is all they have to get you in and out.

• Agree
Reactions: dawgpound