JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
She is a great person.
Yeah I don't know if legally ISU had to conduct a search after our Pilot Prez crashed but it was pretty obvious to most that she will/should be the next one. Wouldn't have had to spend a dime on a search IMO.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Yeah I don't know if legally ISU had to conduct a search after our Pilot Prez crashed but it was pretty obvious to most that she will/should be the next one. Wouldn't have had to spend a dime on a search IMO.

Ya they would have to put it out there for anyone to apply. Every position at ISU is the same way. Did she have a leg up on other applicants, yes.

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
Some highlights:
*Construction fences going up next week for Phase 1 (infrastructure)
*Bids came in ~$5M under budget for infrastructure portion
*Secured a major naming gift to start infrastructure portion
*Combo of low bid + major gift leads to potential earlier start to Phase 2 infrastructure (parking lots, center "spine" to ISC)
*Conversations/presentations on hotel/convention center have occurred
*JP going out on donor calls with Wintersteen the next few weeks
*First step to Scheman renovation goes to BOR this week

The McCaffery Sewar Line?

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
I know at one point there was talks about doing a lower donor version of Johnny's in Scheman for basketball games... Has that idea died or still going around? I believe that included enclosing the skywalk between Scheman and Hilton but with CyTown potentially having restaurant/brewpub space, is that needed?

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
I know at one point there was talks about doing a lower donor version of Johnny's in Scheman for basketball games... Has that idea died or still going around?

All of the preliminary info about the Scheman renovation hints to that still happening.

Reactions: cyfan92