Cytown Update

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
We'd have to buy out six mattress stores and fourteen auto parts stores, what a logistical nightmare.

Not to mention that for some reason Ames was against frontage roads around Duff and there must have been something against connecting parking lots of business that are right next to each other? its unreal.....

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
These same Ames people idiots also didn’t want a pool, but then complained about that there was no pool when they closed Carr pool.

These same people didn’t want a fitness center/pool and complain about the cost of joining a fitness center. They approve a fitness center then complain about the location. They should change it from “Ames People ” to “Ames Whiners”.

Last edited:

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Are the going to launch SAM's to shoot them down? lol
It was a question.. dont know never tried to fly a drone in an FAA no fly zone..

You should try it.... and report back.

Actually...from what I have researched most drones have GPS built in that will not allow them to fly in NFZs.

But if you have one that will or it does not have a good GPS signal and get in.....

However, if you are caught, and especially if you are making a nuisance of yourself, you could face fines from the FAA of up to $32,666, per incident. So better to know the rules, and abide by them, rather than pushing your luck.

• Informative
Reactions: isufbcurt

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Are people really mad about a mall? How many malls are closing or barely keeping open these days. Shopping Malls are dinosaurs.

This was a reference to something from like 2002. They wanted to build a big development east of I35 as a large shopping district for central Iowa.

IIRC the developers bailed and did Jordan Creek Town Center instead. That seemed to work out ok.

• Agree
Reactions: BACyclone

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
This was a reference to something from like 2002. They wanted to build a big development east of I35 as a large shopping district for central Iowa.

IIRC the developers bailed and did Jordan Creek Town Center instead. That seemed to work out ok.
I remember the first half while in school. The second is news to me.

FWIW my dad said Ames residents were ******** about things like that in the 70s when he was in school.

Reactions: GoldCy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron