Lexi Donarski entering transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Lexi was a PG in HS and was viewed as a PG at the next level. She was only off the ball because of Emily.
Well if that's the case, I hope she finds a school that she can excel at PG if thats her desire. Guess we should be glad we had her for 3 years then, if thats the only reason. Her and Emily always seemed together as teammates. Wish her nothing but the best.
(Is that better CloneJD?)

WartburgClone

Mar 14, 2022
If it is locker room related then I feel as though it happened during that 3-game losing streak and culminated with the loss at WVU (where MEM stayed behind in Ames).

Also, aren't Lex and MEM best friends?

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
If it is locker room related then I feel as though it happened during that 3-game losing streak and culminated with the loss at WVU (where MEM stayed behind in Ames).

Also, aren't Lex and MEM best friends?

I don't believe it's locker room related in that there were issues between the girls. I think the girls were all really close. I think it was locker room related in that the head coach pushed many of them too far. And with player mobility being what it is, there just isn't a reason to continue to put up with that as a player.

I would also say I'd look real hard at how the staff is comprised. With one assistant being a son and the others being such long time assistants, I'm not sure there's much of an outlet for the girls to express their troubles.

Fishhead

Oct 6, 2010
She was my favorite. Stuff like this really questions me on being a fan of anything. I give up. This kind of stuff was happening basically just with players on pro teams when I was going up and into adulthood. Now how can one expect to follow any college program where the best players can just leave at the drop of the hat? Lexi, you broke my heart

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
I watched the Drake women in the tournament and thought at the time that many of our players would thrive in that offense. We had way too much isolation this year.
Good point. They had Louisville chasing them all night. Really should have won that game. Pohlman is a good coach who you never see getting all red in the face while screaming and spitting in player’s faces during timeouts. I can think of a coach who’s been doing that for years.

Reactions: bozclone

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
He's in his late 50s and a Creighton grad. He's a lifer there.
Late 50's...so? He could want to coach another 10 years, we don't have to have another 'lifer' but new blood, possibly. Main thing would be recruiting.

WartburgClone

Mar 14, 2022
I don't believe it's locker room related in that there were issues between the girls. I think the girls were all really close. I think it was locker room related in that the head coach pushed many of them too far. And with player mobility being what it is, there just isn't a reason to continue to put up with that as a player.

I would also say I'd look real hard at how the staff is comprised. With one assistant being a son and the others being such long time assistants, I'm not sure there's much of an outlet for the girls to express their troubles.
I didn't mean issues between players.

When Joens announced she was coming back last year I kind of got the feeling that not everyone was thrilled with it. (Not an issue with Joens per se but that the offense was going to be run through her at the expense of others.)

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
You know. Your second thought there is fantastic. I've been trying to come up with a way to express my thoughts on that, i.e. there's definitely more accountability to fans, and you've done it very eloquently. It's going to get to the point where whoever is running the various collectives are going to be held to the same standards as ADs and coaches. It's full on a business now, even more so that before, and it's going to lead to some very uncomfortable situations and conversations.
I'm guessing someone who donates at my level will never hear those type of answers though

• Agree
Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I'll be curious to know if this is it for transfers. If I were to bet I'd say not.

• Agree
Reactions: 67CY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron