• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
X Men ‘97 take a damn bow! This series delivered in spades and stuck the landing. Even got the classic post credits Marvel scene that we all came to love in Phases 1 and 2. It made sense and gets you jacked for Season 2 to where it can’t come out soon enough. One of those endings and post credits that you probably could have guessed BUT still made you pumped when it happened.
X-Men '97 has been the best show I've watched so far this year. I've liked it better than Shogun and Fallout.

Reactions: SolterraCyclone

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Those 2 shows were not good. The reaction though to the “overarching MCU” - collectively - based on a couple clunkers makes one realize how stupid the world of Twitter truly is. There’s been plenty of absolutely awesome MCU content since Endgame. I cannot wait for more. Freaking loved both seasons of Loki, WandaVision, FATWS, Barton’s show (we don’t say that word in our house), GOTG3, Wakanda Forever, and MoM was also great (baffles me how so many are confused about Wanda’s arc in MoM, considering she was no hero in WandaVision, and ended that show by becoming a f*cking witch and embracing it, fleeing a town (with no regret) that she mindlessly tortured for days/weeks, and stole the single most evil/dangerous magic book in the universe and f*cking started studying it! Yet we have YouTubers whining that her “arc” was undone - WTF show did you watch where her becoming a straight up multiversal nightmare wasn’t a perfect transition for her after she started slugging the Darkhold!? MoM was so damn good - yes, including the fan-servicy cameos).

I even thought Ms. Marvel and the Marvels were fun. Not groundbreaking, but fun/entertaining/worth watching. Fun to see the potential for other cultures to get to see heros that look like them on TV. Us white boys have had too good for so long. Let’s share that joy! I still feel like a 10 year old kid every single time I hear Iron Man suit up or Captain smoke Thanos in the face with the shield.

I enjoyed She-Hulk. It was a fun little show.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
X-Men '97 has been the best show I've watched so far this year. I've liked it better than Shogun and Fallout.

X-Men 97 is really good. I don’t know if I’d go that far but man it was great.

I think the thing with the post endgame content is that some parts of everything are good, but basically everything is freighted with like 25% stupid or pointless stuff and that’s being generous in some cases.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

It's hilarious because with so many MCU movies and especially series being disappointing I kept telling everybody that the original 90s Fox series on Disney+ was easily the best thing out there for most people if they wanted good Marvel and had never seen it...it's like they overheard me or knew the same thing. For so many years it was really hard to watch in a quality way, then Disney+ launched and the whole thing was there so easy.

I came here to ask if anybody actually watched "The New Mutants" movie? I haven't. It has a great cast, but it just seems so weird to make it a horror movie instead of a younger more edgy X-Men that it's supposed to be.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
New Mutants was weird and meh. Didn’t hate it nor did I love it. Worth a one through. It tried something different and I appreciate that.

Reactions: Triggermv