Is there a fan base with thinner skin in America than the Iowa Hawkeyes?

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
The announcer for the Iowa/Louisville game made a reference to Ames, IA when talking about the Iowa Hawkeye women’s team. He said “Ames, Iowa with a mission…to take this program to the Final 4”.
Well, he was partially correct.

• Agree
Reactions: cycloner29

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
The announcer for the Iowa/Louisville game made a reference to Ames, IA when talking about the Iowa Hawkeye women’s team. He said “Ames, Iowa with a mission…to take this program to the Final 4”.
This does not happen very often. Usually it's the other way around.

• Agree
Reactions: cycloner29

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
A lot of horrific jaw-dropping racist stuff in that thread, but from a pure game-reaction fan POV I had to chuckle at the guy who thought - after a game throttled by refs calling ticky-tack fouls all game long - that the officials weren’t calling enough fouls.

“If only they’d called more fouls on moving screens and stopped LSU from pushing under the basket we’d have had a chance!” Lol

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Gosh Iowans have become so thin skinned.
Jim Bain in 1982 was threatened for his controversial BB call that enflamed Hawkeye fans' denialism...thin skinners have a long storied history at Iowa. It became a bonkers national story.

I know some of their racist fans. I don't find it surprising they are up in arms and spitting racist bile. But alarming "even for the internet" as Ryan on The Office says about Creed's online machinations.

Last edited: