Is there a fan base with thinner skin in America than the Iowa Hawkeyes?

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Jim Hightower in 1983 was threatened for his controversial BB call that enflamed Hawkeye fans' denialism...thin skinners have a long storied history at Iowa. It became a bonkers national story.

I know some of their racist fans. I don't find it surprising they are up in arms and spitting racist bile. But alarming "even for the internet" as Ryan on The Office says about Creed's online machinations.

I've spent enough time around both fanbases to know that rampant rasism exists in both. That's why it's an Iowa thing.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Have any of those hok fans ever seen an ISU vs west Virginia game? Talk about bad reffing....

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
A lot of horrific jaw-dropping racist stuff in that thread, but from a pure game-reaction fan POV I had to chuckle at the guy who thought - after a game throttled by refs calling ticky-tack fouls all game long - that the officials weren’t calling enough fouls.

“If only they’d called more fouls on moving screens and stopped LSU from pushing under the basket we’d have had a chance!” Lol
That was Czanios and warnocks MO for the final 4. They would have been gone in the first half if they did that.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
This is absolutely shameful. Does the rival site not have any moderator? Holy crap

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
I do find it funny how all week, Iowa fans begged Cyclone fans to pull for them because "it's good for the state" if they were to win, but now they're embarrassing the state with how they're coping and seething about getting curb stomped.

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

erinmd32

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2015
You all need to google the Iowa Hawkeyes and Jim Bain sometime.

erinmd32

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2015
That’s embarrassing for the state.

Glad the national media is picking up on this and glad Angel Reece is speaking the truth. It's disgusting and it's all over my twitter and facebook timeline. Glad to see some fans finally starting to call it out!

jcisuclones

Nov 23, 2011
Ames, IA
My idiot brother is all over social media saying there should be an investigation into that game. The final four game was the first ever women's basketball game he's watched.
Is your brother David Eickholt, because he's saying the same thing, and likely also was his first time watching a women's basketball game

Reactions: BCClone

Marcelason78

Mar 4, 2022
Can you imagine these hok fans watching the game saying- crap, Clark is going to have to guard them.
And there’s another 3…..

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: aauummm

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
For the record, my brother isn't Eickholt LOL. I bet that's who he heard it from. Give him too much credit for an original thought.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Goes to show how even the mods on hawk sites show no remorse for what hawk fans post! So glad ours have class and weed out those on here that have no class.