Is there a fan base with thinner skin in America than the Iowa Hawkeyes?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
You may be right about that, but I can tell you 100% that there's no chance in hell that @ChrisMWilliams would let crap like that be posted on this site. The site formerly known as Hawkeye Report is flat out embarrassing right now, with all of the blatantly racist crap that's being posted. Apparently there's very little moderation going on. I can guarantee that would not be the case on Cyclone Fanatic.

The fact that the Hawkeye message board leaves it up is tantamount to endorsement, as far as I'm concerned. Disgusting.
Hawkeyes don't see an issue with it. They just settled for 4MM in a racial lawsuit. A good portion actually don't care how pathetic they look, they wear it proudly.

Reactions: Mr Janny

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Yes, racism is certainly everywhere, but I don't think the "both sides" argument is accurate when comparing the Iowa and Iowa State fanbases.

Do you see ever hear Cyclone fans refer to the other teams as thugs? Do you honestly think Iowa State fans would have turned their eyes away from the type of blatant racism that has existed in Iowa's football program.

The fact that Iowa has such a large Tavern Hawk population probably doesn't help. Not saying all the Tavern Hawks are racist, but I'm guessing a greater percentage are.

Maybe I'm just seeing through my cardinal and gold glasses, but thats what I'm seeing.

I'm not saying both sides are equal here. They clearly aren't. Iowa has more of the casual fans. My point is it's a state problem, not a university. But yes the u of I has far more issues with it. You won't get an argument from me.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Is there a fanbase in the country that loves to use the word thug more than Iowa's? Ironic how it's always aimed at a person of color.... Clark's not a thug though, she's just a gym rat that plays with a chip on her shoulder.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Hawkeyes don't see an issue with it. They just settled for 4MM in a racial lawsuit. A good portion actually don't care how pathetic they look, they wear it proudly.
Hawk fans are world leaders in mental gymnastics. Applying rules or much less logic only when it benefits them is damn near a requirement to be in that weird club. It’s one of the most belligerent fan bases in college sports. And their “leaders” are hardly any different.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
I've spent enough time around both fanbases to know that rampant rasism exists in both. That's why it's an Iowa thing.

I've spent enough time around both fanbases to know that rampant rasism exists in both. That's why it's an Iowa thing.
Rampant - pretty strong word. I could care less about the Iowa fan base, please tell me about our rampant racism.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
You don’t get out much?

I had several Jewish friends at Iowa State, one was a roommate. The state rep from Ames at the time was Jewish. Have multiple Jewish friends living in rural southern Iowa. My brother-in-law is Jewish.
I agree C4M. I had Jews on my dorm and in my fraternity.

Reactions: carvers4math

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
I'm not saying both sides are equal here. They clearly aren't. Iowa has more of the casual fans. My point is it's a state problem, not a university. But yes the u of I has far more issues with it. You won't get an argument from me.
If it's a state problem, then please tell me which state doesn't have this problem?

• Dumb
Reactions: CyDude16

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
Is there a fanbase in the country that loves to use the word thug more than Iowa's? Ironic how it's always aimed at a person of color.... Clark's not a thug though, she's just a gym rat that plays with a chip on her shoulder.

Christopherson would like to have a word.

But to your point, you are correct.

• Haha
Reactions: BillBrasky4Cy

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
You may be right about that, but I can tell you 100% that there's no chance in hell that @ChrisMWilliams would let crap like that be posted on this site. The site formerly known as Hawkeye Report is flat out embarrassing right now, with all of the blatantly racist crap that's being posted. Apparently there's very little moderation going on. I can guarantee that would not be the case on Cyclone Fanatic.

The fact that the Hawkeye message board leaves it up is tantamount to endorsement, as far as I'm concerned. Disgusting.

100% agreed. The lack of moderating many of those posts over there is downright appalling. To see that stuff said in 2023 is just embarrassing.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Rampant - pretty strong word. I could care less about the Iowa fan base, please tell me about our rampant racism.

He’s not wrong. There are comments made by Iowa State fans in the stadiums that make my stomach turn during games. Do you not remember what some fans were tweeting KU players a few years ago after they beat us in Hilton?

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
He’s not wrong. There are comments made by Iowa State fans in the stadiums that make my stomach turn during games. Do you not remember what some fans were tweeting KU players a few years ago after they beat us in Hilton?
I do not remember what they were tweeting.

I guess I have been fortunate to have not heard what you have heard in JTS or Hilton.
So you believe there is rampant racism in the Cyclone nation. I don't.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I do not remember what they were tweeting.

I guess I have been fortunate to have not heard what you have heard in JTS or Hilton.
So you believe there is rampant racism in the Cyclone nation. I don't.

I don’t believe it’s rampant. But it’s just as big of an issue within our fan base.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
I don’t believe it’s rampant. But it’s just as big of an issue within our fan base.
You said he's not wrong when claiming it is rampant. Now u say u don't believe it's rampant.

But, it's a big issue.

Again, I don't believe it is rampant or a big issue.

• Dumb
Reactions: CyDude16

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
You said he's not wrong when claiming it is rampant. Now u say u don't believe it's rampant.

But, it's a big issue.

Again, I don't believe it is rampant or a big issue.

I meant more that he’s not wrong that it is an issue. Keep your head in the sand though, dork.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Same with the guys in McCaffrey's tenure that have done all sorts of **** and all were white.

ISU's players especially during the Hoiberg era were being called thugs before they even got on campus.

Mr.G.Spot

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2020
I meant more that he’s not wrong that it is an issue. Keep your head in the sand though, dork.
Name caller- I love it. Never been called a dork.

In a fb game, how often do u hear a racist comment?