Dan Winters leaving WHO

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines
Sounds like there's still a possibility of some long days and even longer nights, although I guess it depends on which model you're using.

PS, you aren't forbidden from using this site, are you?
Haha I'll still be around here.

Definitely still some on-call and obviously work to do when it hits the fan, but going from being *the* guy 49/52 evening weekends to 1 out of every 4 is significant.

Reactions: wxman1 and JP4CY

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Not in eastern iowa anymore but Kaj is a good dude and always made me feel better during weather events. I had the fortune of running into him and chatting a few times at events.

• Agree
Reactions: FDWxMan

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
Haha I'll still be around here.

Definitely still some on-call and obviously work to do when it hits the fan, but going from being *the* guy 49/52 evening weekends to 1 out of every 4 is significant.

I'm not seeing the post with the announcement, so I'm just guessing what happened. My condolences on WHO firing you. Hopefully you'll land on your feet during this trying time.

• Haha
Reactions: ISUAgronomist

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
That Lindsey Burrell is one hot…..
WHO better be giving her more air time!

Erin really has seemed to have “aged” more the last few years. Surprised she has not called it a career. Two younger kids with one being autistic. She did a good job on here series on autism. Can’t imagine what it must be like.
No words...

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Dan Winters
Andy Garman
Brooke Bouma
Metinka Slater
Cynthia Foder
Amber Alexander
Jodi Long
Dave Price
Brett McIntyre
Chris Gloninger

• Wow
Reactions: NoCreativity

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Just read up on why Chris is leaving. My God some people need to get a life.
We probably don't even hear about just how much TV personalities get dumped on by viewers with nasty emails letters and calls. I've seen some of the female anchors share some message they got about their choice of wardrobe or how they looked 1 day. The females especially probably get some real creepers on social media if you read some of the comments. And I'm sure any political stories the reporters or anchors do result in some rude feedback too. While it's sad that it happens it's part of being in the media business that you'll have to deal with nutjobs every now and then.

Reactions: MNCYWX

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
We probably don't even hear about just how much TV personalities get dumped on by viewers with nasty emails letters and calls. I've seen some of the female anchors share some message they got about their choice of wardrobe or how they looked 1 day. The females especially probably get some real creepers on social media if you read some of the comments. And I'm sure any political stories the reporters or anchors do result in some rude feedback too. While it's sad that it happens it's part of being in the media business that you'll have to deal with nutjobs every now and then.

Agree but getting a "death threat" is a whole different thing from a nasty letter or comment imo.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Comments like that are why the "nutjobs" feel entitled to pull that crap. I fail to see why we should make excuses for them. They should be publicly shamed...good grief, they told one female anchor she was a fat cow. She was 7 months pregnant.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Comments like that are why the "nutjobs" feel entitled to pull that crap. I fail to see why we should make excuses for them. They should be publicly shamed...good grief, they told one female anchor she was a fat cow. She was 7 months pregnant.
I'm not making excuses for them, it's just the reality of the media business that you will have to deal with nutjobs. Gotta have some thick skin and not take social media personal in that profession. As someone that was bullied as a teenager I have some thick skin as an adult now where I don't give a damn what others think of me. If you don't like me then I don't care to waste any energy to change your perception of me.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Hell, look in this thread. And I bet that's tame in comparison.

• Agree
Reactions: CYdTracked

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
My wife’s grandma once called WHO because she didn’t like the weather guys new haircut. Talk about hateful…:D

Help Support Us

Become a patron