Speed camera

cedarstrip

Aug 26, 2013
How are you accidentally setting your cruise and not knowing it? You know you can change the speed it's set at?
Maybe you had it set at 75 coming into town, you were in the middle lane with a truck in the right lane and you couldn't see the sign when the limit changed? Maybe the listed speed limit on your GPS is wrong? Maybe the previous owner of your pre-owned car put larger tires on vehicle causing you speedometer to be off?

Have you really never in your life looked down and realized you were accidentally speeding? If so, let's meet over Lake LaVerne so I can watch you walk on water.

My entire point is let me know NOW so I can CORRECT the problem, not send me 6 tickets from 6 entities 2 weeks later.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Maybe you had it set at 75 coming into town, you were in the middle lane with a truck in the right lane and you couldn't see the sign when the limit changed? Maybe the listed speed limit on your GPS is wrong? Maybe the previous owner of your pre-owned car put larger tires on vehicle causing you speedometer to be off?

Have you really never in your life looked down and realized you were accidentally speeding? If so, let's meet over Lake LaVerne so I can watch you walk on water.

My entire point is let me know NOW so I can CORRECT the problem, not send me 6 tickets from 6 entities 2 weeks later.
That's a lot of contorting and twisting to make an excuse for your own **** up. Yeah, accidents happen, and it's a bummer if you get caught while making one, life's not fair blah blah blah.

cedarstrip

Aug 26, 2013
That's a lot of contorting and twisting to make an excuse for your own **** up. Yeah, accidents happen, and it's a bummer if you get caught while making ONE, life's not fair blah blah blah.
Finally we agree. I knew you'd come around!

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

Newer vehicles can use adaptive cruise and gps to automatically adjust your speed when it changes. I know my vehicle will do that, but it only works if the speed I set it to is close to the speed limit

So, if the speed limit is 70, and I have the cruise set to 73, and I go into an area where it drops to 55, it will automatically slow me down, and then adjust back up when it goes back to 70.

But if I have it set at 80, it will continue to stay at 80, regardless of the limit change.

As those kinds of features become standard, some of these issues like "forgetting your cruise setting" will go away.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Newer vehicles can use adaptive cruise and gps to automatically adjust your speed when it changes. I know my vehicle will do that, but it only works if the speed I set it to is close to the speed limit

So, if the speed limit is 70, and I have the cruise set to 73, and I go into an area where it drops to 55, it will automatically slow me down, and then adjust back up when it goes back to 70.

But if I have it set at 80, it will continue to stay at 80, regardless of the limit change.

As those kinds of features become standard, some of these issues like "forgetting your cruise setting" will go away.
Some cars have a feature that will allow it to always choose the speed limit of the road you are currently on and then you can change the default speed limit it goes over. So you can say to always go 13% over the posted speed limit. 13% seems like a pretty safe overage.

Reactions: Mr Janny

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Some cars have a feature that will allow it to always choose the speed limit of the road you are currently on and then you can change the default speed limit it goes over. So you can say to always go 13% over the posted speed limit. 13% seems like a pretty safe overage.
That's slick. I would definitely use that feature.
I know not everybody likes adaptive cruise, but I have come to really appreciate it. The only time it pisses me off is when I'm following behind someone who is going a decent speed, and they gradually slow down, sometimes I don't notice for a minute. Other than that, it's really a positive feature for me.

Reactions: dmclone

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
That's slick. I would definitely use that feature.
I know not everybody likes adaptive cruise, but I have come to really appreciate it. The only time it pisses me off is when I'm following behind someone who is going a decent speed, and they gradually slow down, sometimes I don't notice for a minute. Other than that, it's really a positive feature for me.

Had this happen to me on a work trip. Didn't realize the rental had adaptive cruise until I looked down and saw I was going like 10 under behind somebody.

Didn't help that me passengers would randomly push buttons without me knowing and change the handling of the vehicle.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY and Mr Janny

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The picture on the ticket I received last summer...

5aDOhtp.jpg

My actual license number...

LLVkzoq.jpg
Not yours.

Reactions: dmclone

houjix

Jul 21, 2021
That's crap and they should pay you for wasting your time. With that money can you have someone fix the stickers on your plate?
At least both of those plates have them in the lower left. Not like the clowns unable to follow the simple instructions that come with them and creating a border of them around the plate. No one cares, not even law enforcement, that your vehicle was registered in previous years.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
At least both of those plates have them in the lower left. Not like the clowns unable to follow the simple instructions that come with them and creating a border of them around the plate. No one cares, not even law enforcement, that your vehicle was registered in previous years.
I have one a little like that, kids vehicle and I can’t get it to stick on top. Only one that I can’t get to stick on top.

Cupped

Feb 11, 2016
GIC vs. GIG mistaken identity on the ticket I received. Although I had an air-tight aliby, it took all week with numerous phone conversations with a lady in TN and an officer from CC to get the ticket voided. They must hear every story in the world because they had a hard time believing me.
My company only owns the POS vehicle in question for insurance purposes and hasn't even been moved in 3 years. It's a 2000 (I think) Dodge van and obviously the speed-cam picture shows a newer model SUV.

I'm 282 miles west of CC; never been there, never going there either. **** CC and their speed trap.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
GIC vs. GIG mistaken identity on the ticket I received. Although I had an air-tight aliby, it took all week with numerous phone conversations with a lady in TN and an officer from CC to get the ticket voided. They must hear every story in the world because they had a hard time believing me.
My company only owns the POS vehicle in question for insurance purposes and hasn't even been moved in 3 years. It's a 2000 (I think) Dodge van and obviously the speed-cam picture shows a newer model SUV.

I'm 282 miles west of CC; never been there, never going there either. **** CC and their speed trap.
You can also tell the plates show different counties. Harrison is longer than the four letter county on the other one.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
So the Prairie City IA PD takes pictures of vehicles on the highway. And they would like vehicle owners to send them money.
Thoughts?
Is there any real consequence for not paying? If not then don’t pay, you know where it is and just don’t speed there anymore