Big 12 Rebrand thoughts.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
(deep movie announcer voice): THE BIG TWELVE. NOW EVEN MORE BIGGER WITH SIXTEEN.

Seriously, you could keep the Big12 name, but make the roman numerals into XVI instead of XII. That seems like an easy thing to do - can even keep the curvy effect.

Reactions: Cycho1

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The current XII logo is pretty slick but also genuinely does give Longhorns vibes so IMHO that's the main reason to ditch it.

Big Ten and Big 12 keeping the name is silly in some ways but makes tons of sense in other ways.

Probably better to just put out a totally new graphic identity that doesn't remind people of Texas.

Reactions: wing59

RezClone

Mar 2, 2013
Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, SD
What are the chances rebranding means shopping the name out to a corporate sponsor, a lot like stadiums?

The [insert sponsor name] Big 12.

Yormark has reiterated countless times that the primary reason for his hire and the mandate he was given was to maximize revenue. Period.

We shouldn't be surprised when he pushes for that at every turn in any way possible, no matter how unique, or even disturbing, the form.

• Agree
Reactions: t-noah and CYCLNST8

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
It's like a guy I knew who was basically a scout team player on a D3 team and got a tat of his jersey number from that season, which changed every year after.
Reminds me of a kid I went to HS with (small town iowa). He lettered only his senior yr. as a ST player. Then went to BV and was on the roster (don’t know how many seasons) and claims to be a college football player…

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
What are the chances rebranding means shopping the name out to a corporate sponsor, a lot like stadiums?

The [insert sponsor name] Big 12.

Yormark has reiterated countless times that the primary reason for his hire and the mandate he was given was to maximize revenue. Period.

We shouldn't be surprised when he pushes for that at every turn in any way possible, no matter how unique, or even disturbing, the form.
The Case IH Kum-N-Go Caseys Mediacom Big 12

Cy4All

Aug 20, 2022
All of the new names suggested thus far sound like G5 conference names, I hope the rebrand doesn't involve a name change. The Big 12 brand still means power conference for the time being.
The logo also looks good imo. I'm not sure what else I would change, they've already refreshed all the social media accounts with fresher looking stuff.
I worried about this too. Some sort of national brand conference name could be to ambiguous a la American Athletic Conference or Conference USA (both who reflect the SEC footprint).

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Whar Sonic and Phillips 66?
With Ou leaving I can see Phillips dropping out I believe they are based in Tulsa. Sonic is also kind of a Southern thing, they might stay on if they are in AZ and CO. All this is one guy guessing. LOL.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
With Ou leaving I can see Phillips dropping out I believe they are based in Tulsa. Sonic is also kind of a Southern thing, they might stay on if they are in AZ and CO. All this is one guy guessing. LOL.
They (P66) were based in Bartlesville, OK, but if I understand correctly their current headquarters are in Houston.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
Big 8 times two, the double dog ball conference. All games on the Ocho.